This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Khushbu Sengar

Major: Psychology and Social Behavior

Year: Freshman 

Campus Involvements: Indian Subcontinental Club

What does your club aim to do? I am a freshman representative, so I am responsible for promoting our events to the freshmen class. Basically, we host various events for different Indian holidays, such as Diwali, the festival of lights. Next quarter, we will be having another event celebrating Holi, the festival of colors. Not only are we a social club, but we also dedicate our time to philanthropic causes. Starting March 3rd, we’ll be having our Second Annual Philanthropy Week. Our goal is to raise awareness for the homeless shelters and soup kitchens in the Orange County area. I’m really excited to be involved with ISC and I feel so fortunate that I am able to give back to my community. 

What are your hobbies? I love being spontaneous, so I’m always up for random trips with my friends. And, of course, shopping; it’s the best type of therapy. 

Favorite place to shop? I really enjoy going to Old Town Pasadena because they have a wide range of stores. My absolute favorites are H&M, Urban Outfitters, and Zara. 

Must have item for spring? Definitely something pastel. I would go with a distressed denim vest over a pastel shift dress. And for shoes (the most important part of an outfit), I would wear a pair of tan suede booties. 

Favorite beauty product? That is too difficult! If I had to choose, it would be Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara. 

What is one piece of advice you would give to a guy? Just, treat her like a princess. 

What is your favorite thing about UCI so far? The people I’ve met. Even though I came to UCI with friends from high school, I have met so many new friends that I enjoy spending my time with. 

Most meaningful quote? In sixth grade, my teacher said this one quote that has always stuck with me. “Life is ten percent of what happens to you and ninety percent of how you react to it”. 

Ideal travel destination? Fiji!

What are your future plans? I definitely want to graduate.

What about after graduation? Hopefully graduate school. But I also really want to travel. Hopefully it will be another spontaneous trip with my friends. 

Debbie Wells

UC Irvine '13

X
...