This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

As a female college student, I do the most to save money. I especially love saving a few dollars when it comes to makeup. I’m sure most girls in college do the same. I surely don’t have the money to spend on $20 Kylie Lip Kits every time Kylie Jenner decides to come out with a new shade. To save a couple of bucks, there are cheap dupes in the market that have lipsticks similar to these Kylie Lip Kits. Dupes for major makeup brands are the best way to get high end beauty looks, without paying the price. Kylie lipsticks can range from $15 to $28, but Colourpop has some amazing dupes for a great price and color payoff. Here are a list of lipstick dupes perfect for everyday wear.

1. Kristen vs Bumble

“Kristen” ($17)

“Bumble” ($6)

Bumble is a cute rose nude color for everyday wear, and both lipsticks dry up to a matte finish.

2. Exposed vs Magic Wand

Exposed ($29)

Magic Wand ($6)

Magic Wand is really peachy and light nude liquid lipstick. Try pairing it with a bold eyeshadow look. 

3. Dolce K vs Chi

“Dolce K”

“Chi” ($6)

Chi is also a great cool toned nude shade. Try pairing with a nude lipgloss for a shiny and glossy look!

4. Posie K vs Clueless

“Posie K” ($23)

“Clueless” ($6)

Clueless is a little darker than your average “bubblegum pink” shade, made for everyday wear. This color is great when you don’t want to wear any eyeshadow and go for a more natural makeup look.

5. True Brown K vs Limbo

“True Brown K” ($23)

“Limbo”  ($6)

Embrace your dark side with Limbo, your bold chocolate brown shade. Great for wearing during a nighttime event or going on a girl’s night out. I recommend pairing this lipstick with a chocolate shade lip liner to help the color last longer on your lips!

Photo Sources: https://www.kyliecosmetics.com/, https://colourpop.com/

I am a first generation freshman attending UC Irvine.
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.