Jhonathan Reyes, ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Jhonathan Arturo Reyes Sanchez

Year: 3rd Year

Major: Public Health Policy

Major: Anthropology

Hometown: Bogotá, Colombia

Relationship Status: Happily Taken

Nationality: Hispanic

School Involvements: Brother of Phi Gamma Delta

Hobbies: Playing soccer, tennis, hiking, swimming, cooking, partying, and world peace.

HC: Why did you choose UCI?

JR: Well, to be entirely honest, the main reason why I decided to attend UCI was because I didn’t get into UCLA. My original plan was to actually transfer after my first two years, but I got very involved and decided to stay the rest of my undergrad career here.

HC: What are your favorite TV shows?

JR: Easy; The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, South Park, and the list goes on…point is, I keep up with a lot of TV online.

HC: What is the best pick up line you’ve ever heard?

JR: I don’t really use pick up lines, my personalty and looks are usually enough, haha.

HC: If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be?

JR: Machiavelli…not really sure why haha, he just always seemed to lead an interesting life.

HC: Most embarrassing/awkward moment on a date?

JR: Haha, I was seeing someone my first year, and we ended up hooking up in the car one night. After like 30 minutes or so, I saw headlights pulling up behind us, and a car parked right next to ours. Defintely the most awkward moment on a date…

HC: If you could have any super power, what would it be?

JR: The power to defy the laws of physics!

HC: Favorite Cereal

JR: Trix for sure.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

JR: Hopefully married and happily in love, working a government job in public health, and living in South Orange County. Ideally I’ll be rich too, haha, but we’ll see.

HC: Most memorable moment at UCI?

JR: Being a part of Take Back the Night last year, it was a really indescribeable and intense experience.