Jennifer Tran ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Year: Freshman
Relationship Status: Single
Major: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Hometown: San Jose, California
Age: 19
Campus Involvement: Cambodian Awareness Organization (CAO)
Favorite Spring Trend(s): There’re so many to choose from! I really love pastel colors for clothing and nails. I also enjoy stacking bracelets as well as the hi-low hemline on tops, skirts, and dresses!
Most Overused Word/phrase: It’s an inside joke between me and my friends to say everything in a British accent. We think it’s hilarious and it makes everyday conversations a little more fun!
Current song on repeat: Missing You Like Crazy-Michael Alvarado
I first heard this song at Wayzgoose and I fell in love! I think it’s so cute and it makes me feel all warm inside like I’m a little girl again.
Favorite study snack and study spot: I’m currently addicted to edamame and pita chips. It’s a healthy snack that fills me up and gives me the energy to complete hours of homework! On a sunny day my favorite place to study is Aldrich Park because it’s so peaceful and a great way to enjoy the beautiful SoCal weather.

What is your go-to outfit when you are running late? I always grab my Hello Kitty crew neck sweatshirt, a pair of jeans, and my red Toms. I love this outfit because it’s really simple, yet cute and laid back!

How would your friends describe you? First of all, they say I’m really weird! I always have to ask if I’m embarrassing them! I guess my crazy personality makes me unique. I’m not afraid to make a fool out of myself if my friends and I get a good laugh out of it. My friends also describe me as being very energetic and fashion forward. I guess that means I’m not too weird!

Which celeb would you want to be your best friend? I think Tyler the Creator would be really cool to be best friends with because of his outrageous personality. I feel like I would always be entertained with him around. Plus, he is also really weird so I feel like we would get along really well.

What is your favorite way to de-stress after a long day? After a long day I like to de-stress by hanging out with my friends and talking to my mom and my sister on the phone. I also enjoy going to the gym to work off all the stress from the crazy week I’ve had. Getting boba is also one of my favorite ways to treat myself!

Most embarrassing moment so far at UCI? My friends always catch me falling asleep in random places and they take the most embarrassing photos of me to post on Facebook! I can literally fall asleep anywhere. I guess that is a sign I should stop staying up so late.

What are you looking for in a guy? My ideal guy has to have a great sense of humor to make me laugh on my worst days. Also, I’m looking for a guy that is taller than me and has a spontaneous side. Most importantly, he cannot be ashamed to be seen with me in public!

Name a few things on your bucket list: I really want to do something crazy like go backpacking through Europe! I also want to go scuba diving and hang gliding for sure. I recently went on a hike with my hallmates and saw people bungee jumping. It looked like such an exhilarating experience that I might want to try some day.

What is something not a lot of people know about you? I’ve done Cambodian cultural dance for eleven years. Recently, I choreographed and taught students in CAO two dances for the Cambodian Culture Show 2012. It felt great to share one of my passions with others.

Rebecca grew up in Hercules California (Norcal), but now lives in Orange County (Socal). She is a senior psychology and social behavior major and management minor at the University of California, Irvine. Rebecca is currently the Co-president/Correspondent at UC Irvine Her Campus Branch and served as the branch's  Social Media Director during the 2010-2011 school year. She traveled around the globe this summer to Paris, Munich, Zurich, Milan, Rome, Venice, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Honolulu after studying abroad in London. It was an AMAZING experience. At UC Irvine she is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta.