International Women’s Day March: A Photo Diary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

On March 5th, 2017 I attended my first march and rally, and it was one of the most empowering experiences of my life. Hosted by AF3IRM, a transnational feminist organization, this march attracted hundreds of women to join together in Downtown LA despite the rainy weather forecast. Nothing could rain on this parade.

Here is a photo diary of my experience at the International Women’s Day March in Los Angeles, CA.

The rally began at LAPD Headquarters. Speakers and performers created an inclusive and supportive environment for all women and allies who attended.

Marchers expressed themselves with beautiful, empowering posters. Pictured: “Unapologetic, Fierce Feminist” and “Soy capaz. Soy fuerte. Soy mujer.” (I am able. I am strong. I am a woman.)

I met Brenda, founder of Sisters of South LA. She’s passionate about empowering women of color to become agents of change in their own community.

I’m so proud to be part of a movement that fights for intersectional women’s rights and acknowledges all women’s struggles.

“At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” -Frida Kahlo

Natalia Cabrera

UC Irvine '18

Hi! My name is Nat and I am a third year student at UC Irvine. I'm proud to call sunny Los Angeles my hometown.  I love being a tourist in my own city; going to museums, trying new places to eat, and exploring locations for cute photo-ops! 
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.