Hungry? Places that Open till Late During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Finals week is coming up, and you know what that means, it’s crunch time! During all that late-night studying, your tummy and your mouth sure deserve delicious treats. Though UCI’s libraries and study centers are open 24 hours and offer free snacks to students, there are eateries that are open until late and conveniently close to UC Irvine.

* “the Libraries, Gateway Study Center, the UCI Student Center including Starbucks, and the Cross Cultural Center will be open 24-hours a day during finals week.” *

1. Ippo Sushi

Did you know that Ippo Sushi place delivers fresh sushi right to your front door?  Recently, my roommates and I tried out this place, and it will not disappoint! The sushi pieces I got were huge, delicious, and filling! Though there is a $15 dollar minimum plus tip, it is open seven days a week from 6pm till 2am. It will save you a lot of time and effort, in which you can put into your studying!

2. Starbucks

During finals week, and finals week only, the Starbuck right on campus near the Student Center is open 24 hours every single day of finals week. It is conveniently close, and if you are ever in need of something to keep you awake, Starbucks is right there!

3. University Town Center

Nothing is more convenient than the University Town Center which is located ten feet from Campus. This town center ranges from all sorts of exquisite and fast cuisines to the handy dandy Trader Joe’s. This place is truthfully the best place to go if you are near campus. Some places that are open till late include:

-Cha for Tea

Hours: Monday-Sunday 10 am – 1 am

-Yogurtland

Hours: Monday-Sunday 10 am – 12 am

-Berkeley Dog

Hours: Mon-Sun 11 am – 11 pm

-In- N- Out Burger

Hours: Monday-Thursday and Sunday: 10:30 am – 1 am

Friday-Saturday 10:30 am – 1:30 am

4. Jack In The Box

“We don’t make it until you order it,” is the motto for Jack in the Box. Located near Campus Drive, this Jack in the Box location not only offers free Wi-Fi, but yummy fast food. This location is open conveniently daily from 12am- 12am!

5. Del Taco

Del Taco is also conveniently located near Campus Drive and is open 24 hours all day, every day. Talk about convenient.

5. Diamond Jamboree

I included this place for all those really desperate people in need of some good legit food and willing to travel long distance! Diamond Jamboree offers numerous of eateries that open till late. To list a few:  

– 85ºC Bakery Café

Hours: Monday- Thursday: 7:00am to 10pm

Friday-Saturday: 7:00am to midnight,

Sunday: 8:00am to 10:00pm

– Guppy Tea House Café

Hours: Sunday- Thursday: 1:00am to 1:00am

Friday- Saturday: 11:00am to 2:00am

-Lollicup Coffee & Tea

Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily

-BCD Tofu House

Hours:  12:00am to 12:00am, daily (open 24 hrs)

– Balcony Grill & Bar

Hours: 11:00am to 2:00am, daily

There are many more places to eat during the late night. To save money, you could just snack on the million things that you have at home, or snack off your friend’s food. All in all, we hope that you are not too stressed out, and wish you all good luck on your finals!

Grace Bae

UC Irvine

...