This Holiday Season, Get Paid for Online Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Being college students is not easy, especially when it comes to money matters. Saving is an important part of the college years because some people rely solely on the money from financial aid. Even though we do not have a lot of money everyone (especially girls) finds time to shop online, because it is more convenient and, let’s face it, it’s addictive. While we shop online for textbooks, clothes, makeup, etc., a vast amount of money is spent on different websites. So how do you avoid feeling guilty about all that online shopping? Use Ebates, and get rewarded for shopping online.

With Ebates, you earn cash back from shopping online. Ebates was founded in 1998 but has received more promotion in recent years. It’s now one of my favorite sites to visit. How it works: When you shop online, visit Ebates and search for the store you are going to shop at. Once you find the store, you simply click on the link and it takes you to the store’s website where, once you checkout, the cash back will be credited to your account in a couple of days. Some stores may have as little as 2.5% cash back, while others can have up to 8% cash back and even more. At first it may seem sketchy that a website would give you cash, but it’s legitimate. Since joining in May, I have been able to accumulate almost $100 dollars to this day and with Christmas shopping online, that amount is increasing.

The best thing about signing up is that once you spend $20 at their affiliated sites, then you get a $10 gift card for a store of your choice. I chose Target and it totally works; I even called to make sure there was money on the card. The trick is to remember to always go to their website first and shop through their link. Alternatively, they now offer the option of downloading a widget that appears in your internet search tab and reminds you that you can earn cash back at the websites you visit.

It may seem like it is too good to be true, but Ebates is just the website to help students earn money on things they need for college. Apart from offering cash back, they also have an extensive list of coupons from different stores available. Once you start using Ebates, you never stop and you just watch the cash flow. Visit Ebates and your online shopping will never be the same.

All opinions are author’s own. This is not a sponsored post.