Have a Very Trendy Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Dear collegiette, if you’re like me and are wrapped up in a wool blanket, tea in one hand and the thought of the new quarter floating around in your brain, fear not, for winter quarter is all about fashion! Before school becomes hectic and unbearable, the one thing we must not escape from is shopping! If you’re going to buy anything at all this winter, here is a list of must haves that will turn your look from frumpy to fabulous and casual to classy. So sip on that tea and read on.

1. Chokers
Choker necklaces are the hottest accessories this season! Pair them with a tailored buttoned down shirt for an elegant look or spice things up with a low cut neckline. Tip: If you have long pearl necklaces, you can recreate the choker effect by wrapping multiple strands of pearls around your neck!

2. Over the Knee Boots
Whether they are knee high or over the knee, these boots are hot for the winter! They not only add character to your outfit, but can also turn it from cute to classy. They are chic and sexy especially when worn with tights, skinny jeans, or skirts! So set aside your old pair of UGGS and invest in a pair of over the knee boots this quarter.

3. Scarves
Scarves have always and will forever be THE winter accessory, but the question is, do you know how to wear it? I have posted a YouTube video of 25 different ways to wear your scarf! They’re quick, easy, and creative. So mix it up a bit next time and see how your outfit changes! It’ll make your winter attires look trendy and fun!

youtube

4. Handbags
Of course, a girl can’t go anywhere without a handbag, so why choose between five when you can get one perfect for any occasion? My personal favorite is the Madison Leather Lindsey Satchel from Coach. It not only has a mini zip up pocket on the side for your cell phone/wallet, but a strap to make it a cross body as well. How convenient for school! It comes in a variety of colors and can even be used as a handbag for nights out.

5. Coats
If you’re going to get anything at all this winter, make it a pair of over the knee boots and a fashionable coat! The more coats the better, because they come in so many different styles and colors! By pairing it with any of the accessories described above, you will have a complete and fabulous look!

Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.