Get Haute for Fashion with Socialbliss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

While popular fashion magazines and websites like “Vogue” and “Look Book” offer admirable fashion pieces, the featured styles can be limiting to those who desire a myriad of original fashion. Jennie Huynh, answered the problem of restrictive fashion expression by creating Socialbliss. As founder and CEO, Huynh explained, “I noticed how many people enjoy looking at fashion but that there wasn’t really a place where you could actually compile a wide range of different styles while seeing great quality content.” Socialbliss re-imagines fashion blogging by specifically focusing on readers and followers by actually including them. Its interactive website allows fashionistas to create their very own profile that displays a variety of categorized trends, colors or fashion interests. The website’s innovative “Spot It” button conveniently provides a search engine specialized for finding great fashion pictures that can be easily shared and directly uploaded to your fashion profile.

Huynh herself has always loved fashion stating, “As a little girl I absolutely loved fashion and would actually tear pages out of different magazines.” Beyond providing a place for people to express and share their take on fashion, Huynh desired to create a fun and encouraging source for people to hone and develop their fashion interests and skills. She clarified that it is not just about fashion itself but the kinds of fashio

n saying, “blogs are great but they are very much targeted on one audience but we are all about individual needs, promoting users to share their styles as an extension that can inspire others.” Socialbliss not only provides a wide range of fashion styles but also promotes sharing and connections to other related blogs and websites. Socialbliss appeals to the demographic age range of 20-35; however, most users tend to be 20-25 years of age so Socialbliss recently reached out to the collegiate population through its Hautest People contest.

Participating schools included: UCI, OCC, FIDM, CSU Longbeach and CSU Fullerton where pictures were taken of students with notable fashion ensembles. Kristie Hoang was voted UCI’s “Hautest” person winning equally hot prizes that included a Michael Kors watch and photo shoot. Huynh hopes to continue involvements with collegiates by reaching out to campus fashion organizations like Her Campus and FIG that provide positive outlets for student fashionistas to express themselves. Some possible events include collaborations with weekly boothing events that would feature Socialbliss trends and an ambassador program which will be implemented in the fall. The program will help Socialbliss reach fashion interests on a national level as Huynh explained, “I definitely want to expand Socialbliss to the national level because I think it would be great to compare and see all the different styles like juxtaposing New Yorkers to Californians.” Huynh continues to diligently work towards bettering ways for fashion and style discovery on Socialbliss and is currently looking into creating a more simple process for online shopping and fashion navigation.

To see photos from The Hautest Person contest and more, check out the website at: http://www.socialbliss.com/

Amanda Kim

UC Irvine

Jessica Enriquez (originally from San Diego) is living the life as a proud Anteater at the University of California, Irvine. This literary journalism major isn't your everyday California girl. Asides from the surf and the sun, Jess can be found enjoying trips to Disneyland, quoting Mean Girls, twittering/tumbling/pinning, napping everywhere, practicing with her dance team, and participating in a variety of affiliations on campus. Jess has found a home to express her online marketing skills and graphic design talents with the Her Campus branch at UCI. This year she will serve as one of the branch's co-correspondents/presidents. Jess dreams of a career in higher education or public relations, but wherever life takes her she'll continue to lead on with heart and passion.