Everything You Might Have Missed In Episode 7 of WandaVision

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

WandaVision has become the exciting end-of-the-week be-all for Marvel fans, and last night’s episode gave us many easter eggs and clues as to what the final two episodes of WandaVision may look like. Let’s break it down. 

Warning! Spoilers Ahead. If you haven’t watched episode 7 of WandaVision, go watch it and come back after. We’ll be waiting for you. 

To recap last week’s episode, “All-New Halloween Spooktacular!”, the new Pietro, played by Evan Peters (a.k.a. Fox’s Quicksilver), bluntly tells Wanda and the audience the reason for his presence – create tension with Vision, wreak havoc with the twins and ultimately, give Wanda grief. We also got an introduction to Tommy and Billy’s superpowers, reflecting their comic book selves, Wiccan and Speed. Finally, Vision goes off to explore Westview to investigate and help the citizens trapped in Wanda’s morphed reality which results in his near death and Wanda’s expansion of Westview in order to save him. In the midst of this expansion, Darcy and many S.W.O.R.D agents are also sucked into this reality with Agent Woo, Monica Rambeu and Director Hayward escaping. 

Last night brought a whole lot of laughs as we see Wanda losing grip of her reality at the direct contrast of the upbeat, happy Modern Family music in the background. As she yearns for a day of rest, we see the twins express their concern over Vision and Pietro. Agnes volunteers to babysit while Wanda gets time for herself, and from here, we start to get answers and fun moments with the characters.  

1. Wanda no longer recognizes Pietro as her real brother or as the twins’ uncle. 

2. Darcy and Vision are the best friends we never knew we needed. 

3. Darcy has given Vision context as to why Wanda is doing what she is doing, which may help Vision figure out for himself who is behind all this. 

4. Director Hayward’s goal has been to use Vision as Ultron intended, as a weapon. (Except, not as to commit mass genocide as far as we know.)

5. Monica got through the threshold of Westview and has fully formed into Photon! We can now add her to the glowing-eyes Avenger club. 

6. The NEXUS antidepressant commercial is an easter egg for the NEXUS in the Marvel comics, a cross-dimensional gateway, which provides a pathway into any and all other realities. This could mean that Westview will be important in Wanda’s confirmed role in “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” or add to the fan theories of the multiverse in “Spider-Man 3”! 

7. Although we all knew it along… Agnes is finally confirmed as Agatha Harkness, complete with a catchy theme-song to hold us over until next Friday. 

8. We finally got our first end-credit scene of the show with Monica heading to Agatha’s basement when Pietro stops her. This is the only time he appears in the episode, which may mean he is under Agatha’s control as seen in her theme-song. 

The last two episodes are expected to be around 60 minutes long, which may mean the craziest part is yet to come. Expect a big surprise and many, many more fan theories… this is gonna be a gas!

Angela Nolasco

UC Irvine '23

Double Major Film&Media Studies and English