This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Eiande Setoain 

Major: Criminology 

Age: 23

Hometown: Pamplona, Spain

Relationship Status: Single

What are your hobbies? I like to play soccer and go surfing. I also produce music, mostly hip-hop beats. 

Are you involved in anything on campus? I’m in Sigma Pi. That’s it, really.

What is it like being in a fraternity? It’s fun. I think it’s really useful for people like me, who are here from other countries. It makes it easy to meet a lot of people. I’ve made more contacts in the short time I have been here because of the frat than I could have back home. I like what the brotherhood represents, the idea that everyone has your back. 

What do you look for in a girl? The most important thing for me is to be able to have a normal conversation with heran interesting one. And, she has to be opposite of me. I’m pretty lazy, I would say. I need an active girl, someone who makes me get off the couch. 

Who is your celebrity crush? Definitely, Jessica Alba. 

What would be your ideal date? An afternoon on the beach, surfing, laying on the sand, and watching the sunset. 

What made you choose UCI? I could have chosen any UC for my exchange program. I chose UCI because it is the best for my major and it is close to ocean. Like I said, I love surfing. UCI was perfect for that. 

How long have you been here? I moved here the last week of August, and I go back to Spain in July. 

What is it like being an exchange student? It’s really fun because nothing holds me back here; I am free. But, I would like to stay longer. I would love to finish my studies here, but my visa only allows me to stay for a year. I thank that this is the best place to come as an exchange student. 

Do you ever get homesick? Sometimes, but not really. I was only homesick on Christmas day. I was excited to see what Christmas was like in the US, but I was disappointed and ended up missing home.

What are your plans after graduation? I would like to come back to the U.S. and look for a job. If it’s in the U.S., I will definitely take that opportunity. 

What are you career aspirations? I do not really have any right now. I’m just trying to live my life and meet people in new places. I know something will happen when it’s the right time. 

Most memorable moment at UCI so far? That’s difficult. Probably the first day I arrived because UCI was so different from my home university. 

What do you hope to accomplish before graduation? Coming to the U.S. was the main thing, and I’ve accomplished that already. 

What’s a random fact about you? I ran with bulls in Spain. It was for an annual festival in Pamplona, called San Fermin. The celebration lasts for a week, and every day you run with six bulls on the streets of the city. It’s hard to explain—check it out on Google! 

Check out Eiande’s music online! http://m.soundcloud.com/tracks/search?q=eiande+setoain

Debbie Wells

UC Irvine '13

X
...