Congrats Aaron!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Congratulations Aaron Hogue who won the raffle drawing!  He won a brand new 2nd generation Intel Core i5-based Samsung Series 9 ultra-sleek laptop!

Our branch had the honor to welcome Brittany Lewis, one of the co-founders of Her Campus and Manager of Campus Development, to speak on “Mobile Manners” on October 6. Lewis discussed how our generation is obsessed with their phones and computers. In her presentation, she discussed how people check their phones and/or computers right when they wake up.  She also presented statistics on how people would rather give up showering than their phones. Besides talking about how we’re technology obsessed, she gave the listeners some tips on when not to use their phones to text, check Facebook or update Twitters such as on a first date, movie theater or even walking around.

In addition to Lewis’ presentation on Mobile Manners, Intel Core i5-based Samsung Series 9 ultra-sleek laptop was raffled off to 5th year Aaron Hogue. This computer is ultra sheek for the busy, multi-tasking collegiette.

On the behalf of UCI’s branch, we would like to give a big thank you for Brittany Lewis for coming out and giving a wonderful presentation. Also a thank you for our Event and Marketing Director Leilani Cruz along with Presidents Rebecca Lew and Lauren Alejo for organizing this event.

Participants received a Her Campus pennant, a pen, and an Intel information guide.

Some of our staff with Brittany Lewis.

Rebecca grew up in Hercules California (Norcal), but now lives in Orange County (Socal). She is a senior psychology and social behavior major and management minor at the University of California, Irvine. Rebecca is currently the Co-president/Correspondent at UC Irvine Her Campus Branch and served as the branch's  Social Media Director during the 2010-2011 school year. She traveled around the globe this summer to Paris, Munich, Zurich, Milan, Rome, Venice, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Honolulu after studying abroad in London. It was an AMAZING experience. At UC Irvine she is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta.