From Classroom Chic to Stylish Night Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

As busy college girls, we all know how difficult it is to transform a casual day-time outfit into a stylish going-out ensemble. Every girl wants to look cute in class and just as fashionable when going out, but with little closet space, a tight budget, and limited time it’s hard to look the best of both worlds. But don’t worry, with just a few quick swaps, you can change your cute and casual classroom attire to a trendy night-time outfit.

Classroom chic is all about cute and comfortable. Start with a pair of black jeggings. Jeggings are so perfect for a fashionable college girl because they are comfortable enough to wear to class, but stylish enough to wear while going out. This pair from American Eagle Outfitters has the perfect amount of comfort and style. Add a flowy, tunic top in a rich color and simple print. This dark green one with a cream bird print (from Target!) pays homage to coming spring time. It is loose and comfortable for treading across campus on those warm spring days, yet defines your figure with the black belt around the waist. Add a pair of neutral colored flats; these taupe ones, also from Target, pick up on the cream color from the birds, but are different from a typical black or brown flat. For jewelry, add some feather shaped earrings to stick with the bird theme and a fun bracelet style watch. Finally, throw all your classroom essentials in your favorite tote bag and you’re good to go!

After a long day of classes, no one is in the mood to get all dressed up again to go out. But at the same time, we all want to look stylish. (Who knows, the waiter at the restaurant for your best friend’s birthday dinner might just be super cute!) With just a few quick changes to your day time outfit, you can transform your look into night-time stylish.

Keep on the same jeggings and flowy top as the basis for your outfit. But instead, swap out your oversized tote bag for a smaller clutch. This one from Forever 21 has the cream to match the bird print on the tunic, but adds an unexpected, but refreshing pop of color with the coral color blocking. Instead of the watch, grab a stack of fun, colorful bangles that pick up on the colors of the tunic as well as the clutch. Finally, switch to pair of fun wedge heels in a neutral color that complements your new accessories and throw on a boyfriend cut blazer to keep you warm throughout the chilly nights. In a few easy steps, it’s that easy to change your day time class look into a fun, going out outfit!

Resham is a senior at the University of California, Irvine, with a major in International Studies and a minor in Cognitive Psychology. She is currently a proud member and Editor of Kappa Alpha Theta as well as Assistant Communications Officer of Panhellenic Association. Resham was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA and now enjoys living in luxurious Orange County, CA while she goes to school. She loves to travel, go to the beach on sunny California days, and search for the best restaurants in town.