All About Alison Lu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Name: Alison Lu

Major: Business Administration

Hometown: Alhambra

Alison is a second year, who has become extremely involved in many organizations at UCI. I sat down with her to learn about what guides her ambition and dedication to improving UCI.

What are your duties as an ASUCI At-Large Senator? “I attend all senate meetings, draft one legislation each quarter, meet with the Dean, and hold office hours. The experience is what you make out of it, so I try to go above and beyond in my role. I try to set up meetings with department directors and student organizations on campus so I can better understand what the student needs are and how I can address them.”

What are the different scholarships you have been awarded? “I was awarded the Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund (APIASF) my senior year of high school, the UCI Discover scholarship, and the Barnes and Noble scholarship. I am most proud of the APIASF scholarship because they selected students from all over the United States. They even held a scholarship reception where I was able to meet other recipients who were extremely self-driven and motivated.”

What do you want to change if elected to Student Advocate General? “One of my values as a person is transparency and I genuinely want to connect our student body to ASUCI and administration. I want to be that bridge that shows students what ASUCI can do for them. I want to hold administration accountable for their actions. My first priority is and will always be students. I want to work with various offices, like the Office of Student Conduct to learn how to better guide students. I want to publish a quarterly report to show students what ASUCI is doing. I also want to build connections with student organization leaders on campus because this is the most effective way to connect with the undergraduate body of 27,000 students. Organization leaders can then relay information about ASUCI events and other information and news students would benefit from knowing.”

What are your plans for this summer? “I will be interning at AT&T in Virginia, near Washington D.C. in the Global Sales Operations Department. While I’m there, I want to come up with a lengthy list of places to explore, such as museums and ice cream shops. I’m excited to build new memories with the intern class. I hope I can go to Washington D.C. every weekend and see the Smithsonian Museum from Night at the Museum.”

Who is your celebrity crush?

“Zac Efron or Adam Levine.”

What is your favorite dessert? “I like tiramisu because I love all Italian food. It’s a perfect mixture of coffee and chocolate hazelnut.”

What is your favorite movie? “I love the movie UP. I think I used to watch it once a year. My favorite part is when Russell reminds Mr. Fredrickson of what it’s like to be a kid again and be open to adventures while Mr. Fredrickson teaches Russell wisdom.”