5 Online Quizzes That Will Help You Learn About Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

If you are anything like me, then you presumably enjoy taking arbitrary online quizzes just for fun. Personality quizzes and behavioral assessments actually kick-started my intense self-reflection journey to help curate a better and brighter version of myself during quarantine. I recommend that you take these light-hearted quizzes to initiate your own deep self-reflections or just for fun!

1. 16 Personalities 

I am sure most of you are aware of this test already and have taken it at least once before. However, if you have not taken the assessment before, the 16 Personalities Test asks a variety of questions to provide you with an accurate description of who you are and why you react to situations in particular ways. There are four general categories: Analysts, Diplomats, Sentinels, and Explorers. Each category has two introvert and two extrovert personalities, making a total of 16 different personality types. After taking the 10 minute test, you will receive a free description of your personality type with explanations of strengths and weaknesses, romantic relationships, friendships, career paths, etc. I recommend giving this assessment a try and checking a year later to see if your personality has changed or remained the same. 

2. The 5 Love Languages

Based on the book “The 5 Love Languages” by Gary Chapman, this assessment intends to improve relationships by identifying how people give and receive love in romantic relationships, friendships, and familial relationships. The five love languages are words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch. The assessment takes five minutes and you will be given an explanation of your primary love language, what it means, and how you can use it to build better relationships with others. 

3. The Attachment Project

From a very young age we have developed an attachment style to our parents or guardians. Depending on your early childhood experiences with your caretaker(s), you will develop an attachment that reflects those experiences, both negative and positive. Our attachment style can change over time based on several psychological and environmental factors; however, many people maintain only one style of attachment throughout their lives. The Attachment Style Quiz helps you discover your attachment style in only five minutes! The attachment styles include: secure, preoccupied, dismissing, and disorganized. Once you complete the quiz you can view a short video about your attachment style and if you fill out your email, you will receive a further explanation of your attachment style. 

4. The VIA Character Strengths Survey

While going through my self-discovery journey during quarantine, I found the VIA Character Strengths Survey to be the most insightful. Unlike the other quizzes I mentioned, you must create a free account in order to take this survey because it collects scientifically-validated data for positive psychology research. According to VIA, every individual possesses 24 character strengths in varying degrees. After completing the survey, which takes 15 minutes, you will receive a description of each strength and the ranking of your most powerful strengths to your neutral strengths. 

5. The Enneagram Personality Test

The Enneagram is a system that categorizes people into nine personality types that all relate to one another. The personality types are defined by their particular core emotions/beliefs and perceptions of how people see the world. The test takes about 10 minutes to complete and comes with a brief report describing each of the nine personalities and how much you connect with them. There is an additional fee if you would like a comprehensive report. However, I found the basic descriptions to be sufficient enough for me to evaluate my beliefs, emotions, and fears. 

Personal growth will always be an ongoing process since there is always room to grow and reach your maximum potential. So hopefully these quizzes make the process a little more fun and easy!

self-love and swing
Content Pixie via Unsplash

A N

UC Irvine '20

Hi