yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

10 Great Pumpkin Products to Buy from Trader Joe’s this Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

It is officially autumn – that wonderful time of the year when pumpkin products begin to fall off the shelves at Trader Joe’s. Even though many of the foods in this list are considered treats, pumpkin is a nutritious ingredient.

Pumpkin pulp has many antioxidant vitamins including vitamin A, C, and E. Pumpkins also include many important minerals such as copper, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. Besides pumpkin pulp, pumpkin seeds are also a great source of vitamins and minerals, especially dietary fiber and monounsaturated fatty acids.

Below is a list of ten delicious pumpkin products that Trader Joe’s produces seasonally:

(1) Pumpkin O’s

A delicious sweet and spiced breakfast cereal that will have you skipping to your first class. Besides being gluten-free and vegan, these little O’s are whole grain and are the perfect, guilt-free snack. They taste excellent in both regular and alternative milk (almond, coconut, soy).

However, they are not the most filling so be sure to grab something else to have along with them.

(2) Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds

These seeds are nutritious and delicious! With 5 grams of protein and 25 grams of dietary fiber, you can enjoy these seeds knowing that they have a healthy value. Also, if you have a sweet tooth or do not like eating pumpkin seeds raw, these seeds are seasoned with pumpkin spice flavoring, making them a sweet treat that is satisfying to the taste.

(3) Pumpkin Greek Yogurt

With a more subtle flavor of pumpkin, this delicious greek yogurt is both healthy and a seasonal favorite. It is much thicker than Trader Joe’s’ other greek yogurts, so it might be best to use in smoothies or in a pumpkin yogurt parfait.

(4) Pumpkin Bagels

With a subtle hint of pumpkin, these bagels are not overpowering and can honestly be eaten at any time of the year. If you do not want the pumpkin party to stop there, you can douse your bagel with a dollop of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Cream Cheese.

(5) Petite Pumpkin Spice Cookies

These shortbread cookies with pumpkin spice and yogurt coating are addicting and will leave you sneaking them throughout your day. The pumpkin spice is a prominent component of the cookie and really feels like a taste of autumn.

(6) Pumpkin Spice Almond Beverage

As someone who prefers alternative milk, I was very excited about the release of this product and have used it on multiple occasions. It is a thick liquid, thicker than other almond milk I have tried. Its hint of pumpkin spice is not overpowering, yet it definitely brings out the qualities of pumpkin you might be looking for from the product. It is delicious with cereal — especially the Pumpkin O’s — and it might be even better in a homemade pumpkin smoothie. Drink up!

(7) Pumpkin Pancake & Waffle Mix

If you are a big fan of pancake breakfasts, this Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix is definitely for you! It has a delicate pumpkin taste so if you are not keen on extreme pumpkin flavors, this is a good choice. They are delicious, simple, and great for a get-together with friends.

(8) Pumpkin Rolls

Cinnamon rolls are out and pumpkin rolls are in! These little rolls are delicious and can keep you satisfied for a long time. There is not much to say about them, only that they will definitely liven up your day and really put you in a pumpkin flavor mood.

(9) Pumpkin Joe-Joe’s

Although they do not have a prominent pumpkin flavor, these little sandwich cookies have a hint of cinnamon, making them a delicious choice for a fall treat.

(10) Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli

This pumpkin dish is highly recommended. With the combination of honey and pumpkin, this pasta dish is a little on the sweet side, so if you are looking for a savory pumpkin dish, these are probably not what you’re looking for. However, they can be delicious with a savory tomato or squash sauce and parmesan cheese for a sweet and savory bite.

Arts major at the University of California, Irvine  
Crystel Maalouf

UC Irvine '18

.