Campus Cutie: Ryan O’Holleran

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.
Name: Ryan O’Holleran
Year: 2nd Year
Major: Communications
Hometown: Atherton, CA
Relationship Status: Single
What do you like to do in your spare time?: I play football for UC Davis, and I’m a brother in Lambda Chi. I also like to work on cars. For my senior project in high school, my friend and I rebuilt my grandpa’s car. It was a 1960 station wagon with wood panels on the side. I got kind of addicted to fixing cars.  One day, I want to buy a car and rebuild it from scratch. My dream car would be a 1969 Camaro SS.

What are your plans after college?: I don’t have any set plans, but I am getting my coaching credentials. I will be certified as a coach this spring.  I’m interested in coaching high school football. I want to get into business as well.  I’ve done a couple internships for some start up advertising companies in the Palo Alto area.

What would be the perfect weekend consist of: I would go somewhere with water.  I’m really into water sports, so I’d probably go to Lake Tahoe or Lake Almanor.

If you could go to any country in the world where would you go?: I would go to Ireland because I’m Irish, and I’ve always wanted to visit.

Most people don’t know that: I have three older sisters. I think having older sisters is way worse than having older brothers because my sisters used to rough house with me and beat me up. But I can’t complain; it’s contributed to making me pretty tough.

What was life like before college?: Well, in high school I was the most injury prone human being. I had five surgeries within a year and a half, and all my injuries were football related. My sophomore year I cracked my patella, and my junior year I tore a deltoid ligament in my ankle. The worst injury was during my senior year when I broke my leg in four places and had to get a screw put in.

Hardest part about transitioning to college: Just meeting all the new people and being away from home for the first time. It was also hard with football because I had to go from playing with a team that I knew for four years to a team of 23 year olds that I didn’t really know. It was definitely intimidating because I had to prove myself to a new team.

Who are your role models?: My coaches throughout my career because they’ve impacted where I am today. Every time I got hurt they were the people I turned to.  

Where do you see yourself in ten years?: I would want to live in a beach house and hopefully invent something. I would want to invent something like a post-it that nobody thinks of but everyone uses.

A QUICKIE (survey) with the CAMPUS CUTIE:

If I could have one super power it would be: To fly.

Favorite Cartoon Character: Tommy from the Rugrats

COHO or Silo: COHO

SUV or sports car: SUV

Pet peeves: Being dirty!

Team Kanye West or Team Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift

Favorite feature in a girl: Someone with a good heart

I love it when: It’s nice weather out.

Blonde or Brunette: Brunette

Britney or Christina: Britney

NOR CAL or SO CAL: NOR CAL

Childhood nickname: Ryry and Ry Guy

Favorite Animal: Dog

And Most Importantly, Boxers or Briefs: Boxers

Rachael Brandt is your typical collegiette. Her free time, you'll find her roaming the CoHo, nourishing her hourly caffeine fix or rocking out at the campus rec center in Zumba class. Rachael has interned at Acosta/Salazar PR firm in Sacramento, CA --working with politicians and interest groups to aide their campaigns. She now spends her days working at the Events and Conferencing Center, in hopes of saving up for the many goodies she hopes to acquire while studying abroad next year. After cultivating an obsession for Her Campus, she opened the UC Davis branch, and now serves as campus correspondant.