This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Fall has arrived (in my biased opinion, the best season). Chillier weather, more coffee outings, and more staying in. Netflix comes to save our days in the seasons that consist of more staying in than going out. So make yourself a hot cocoa or coffee and watch some of these shows/movies on Netflix. You’re welcome in advance :).

If you want to feel nostalgic: Victorious is on Netflix. I repeat Victorious is on Netflix; this is not a drill. You can relive your childhood all over again and, might I add, fall in love with Beck all over again. For those who have not seen it, this is a show where Tori Vega starts attending Hollywood Arts, a highschool full of students who all have a talent, and we follow her journey and those of her friends.

Guy Red Guitar Plants Outside Bench Summer
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus

If you want to connect with the ‘little kid’ in you: The Little Prince is hands down one of the cutest movies I have ever watched. The animation is absolutely incredible. This movie teaches us how important life is and what the real joy in it is. The only thing you’ll be doing after watching this movie is smiling.

If you want to live in another era for a bit: The ’80s are known to have some of the best movies and Heathers will not let you down. This movie takes you on a rollercoaster in ways you do not expect. Veronica is part of the popular clique and starts dating her boyfriend in which they both criticize this clique. They make surprising choices which end in bloodshed.

If you want a good cry: Lion will have you bawling and giving your parents a call to tell them how much you love them. This movie is based on a real-life story of a little boy in India who gets lost and is not able to go home and ends up in an adoption center. He is adopted by a family in the U.S. and, when he grows up, has questions about where he came from. We see these questions being answered by his extensive research and constant curiosity throughout the movie. 

These are some of my favorite movies and shows on Netflix. Now go and enjoy these masterpieces. Don’t forget your coffee.

Dixie Valle

UC Berkeley '22

Dixie is a senior at UC Berkeley studying Political Science. She is also minoring in public policy and education. On her free time, she loves watching reality tv and listening to music.
After three years at Cal, Brianna Brann graduated UC Berkeley in 2020 with a double major in Economics and Media Studies! She is originally from Santa Clarita in Southern California, but she loves the weather, nature, and people in the Bay Area. In addition to her unmatched passion for film and television, she also enjoys visiting the beach, playing with her dog, and hiking outdoors!