Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

TRADER JOE’S SWEET TREATS: THE BEST OF THE BEST

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

If you’re anything like me, a savory meal always needs to be followed by something sweet. Whether it be a chocolatey dessert or a frozen treat, there is always room for dessert. That being said, I’ve compiled a list of my all-time favorite desserts from Trader Joe’s that will work as the perfect remedy for your sweet tooth. 

MILK CHOCOLATE S’MASHING S’MORES

I rarely leave Trader Joe’s without adding these s’mores to my cart. If you want to replicate the real campfire treat, place one in the microwave for about five seconds. If that’s not your style, eat them as they are ‒ just be careful not to finish the box in one sitting!

CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS

These croissants are the ideal choice for breakfast or brunch. I can imagine them on a platter for a picnic in the park for everyone to enjoy! Set them out to defrost the night before and pop as many as you’d like in the oven for a mouthwatering yet convenient meal. Trader Joe’s also sells these delicious pastries in an almond flavor. Both flavors taste like they’re fresh from the bakery!

THAI TEA MOCHI ICE CREAM

Trader Joe’s mochi ice cream is a great addition to your dessert table when entertaining guests. These frozen sweets taste equally as good when you pop them out from the freezer for a movie night or as a late-night snack. Just one will satisfy your craving after a long day.  

DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS

The perfect combination of sweet and salty, these peanut butter cups are a great on-the-go snack and necessary addition to your pantry. Pop one into your mouth between classes or after you grab lunch at the dining halls. Although they’re not as good as the mini peanut butter cups that Trader Joe’s used to carry, these still do the trick!

SUBLIME ICE CREAM SANDWICHES 

Vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two chocolate chip cookies and rolled-in mini chocolate chips is the perfect recipe for the ice cream sandwich of my dreams. Just the right balance of ice cream and cookies, these frozen desserts are refreshing on a hot day. It’s never the wrong time to eat one of these delicious treats!

Thalia Colarian

UC Berkeley '24

Thalia is a sophomore at UC Berkeley majoring in English and minoring in Armenian Studies. When she’s not reading or writing, you can catch her binging the newest series on Netflix, blasting Taylor Swift’s entire discography on repeat, or on a battery-draining phone call with her sister. Thalia is passionate about writing in whatever form possible; her favorite things to write include poetry, short fiction, and personal essays. Her Campus allows Thalia the creative freedom to explore her interests on paper and grow as a writer.