This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Fall is here — the season of sweater weather, cozy nights in, and home-cooked meals. This fall, treat yourself to these three delicious desserts (and no, they’re not all pumpkin flavored). 

1. Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake

This dessert includes all the essential fall flavors by combining a cinnamon-spiced cake with a buttery topping of brown sugar-coated apples. Although it is a more involved recipe (the time estimate is around an hour and a half), the end result is worth it! Plus, it includes many ingredients you probably already have if you enjoy baking. 

2. Pumpkin Roll 

A classic autumn dessert, this pumpkin roll is made with pumpkin puree and filled with cream cheese frosting. The finished product is not just delicious but a feast for the eyes as well! Be sure to give yourself plenty of time with this recipe, as it requires cooling the cake in a refrigerator for about two hours before frosting. 

3. Cranberry-Apple Cobbler with Biscuits

If you’re a fan of peach cobbler, mix it up this fall with a cranberry-apple cobbler! The perfect mix of sweet and tart, this cobbler pairs perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The prep time for the recipe is only twenty minutes, and then you’re free to cozy up on the couch with your favorite fall movie while it bakes for an hour! 

Next time you’re craving a fall-flavored sweet treat, turn to one of these dessert recipes! You’ll definitely be “fall”ing for them after one bite!

Kiana Lee

UC Berkeley '23

Kiana is a senior at UC Berkeley, where she is currently studying cognitive science and health and wellness. Originally from San Jose, Kiana spends most of her free time in the pool, listening to music, or tending to her plant babies.