SPOOKY ACTIVITIES TO DO THIS HALLOWEEN SEASON

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

With midterm season in full swing, the stress can definitely prevent you from getting into the Halloween spirit. But it’s the scariest and best time of the year!

So in order to tap into the Halloween spirit, here are a few activities you can do alone or with others and still have a spooky, memorable Halloween season: 

• Pumpkin carving hangout at the park (or Berkeley’s Memorial Glade) with a group of friends! 
  • Decorate your apartment, dorm, or room! There are no limits to decor. If you have a projector, you can also display spooky, Halloween ambiances in the background to enhance your space. 
  • Make your own Halloween candy! With Netflix’s thriller show “Squid Game” taking over the world, you can even try making Dalgona candy with a shape and challenge friends to safely separate the shape without crumbling into pieces! 
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=500&height=500&fit=cover&auto=webp
  • Get your closest friends or family, and go into a drive-thru Haunted House!
  • If you and your friends have pets, have a pet playdate with your animals in Halloween costumes! 
  • Create a Halloween music playlist to play your favorite spooky tunes. 
  • Plan a sophisticated Halloween dinner, and if you’re 21 and over, add some blood curdling wine to the mix.
  • Get together with a group of friends and create a PowerPoint judging celebrities’ past Halloween costumes! Don’t forget to have snacks and popcorn ready for this juicy session of ranking costumes from best to worst.
  • Grab a Halloween gingerbread house kit at your local grocery store and unleash your creativity! 

It’s undeniable that midterms, especially with in-person classes starting again, have made us sluggish and worn out. But this is the best time of the year, so why not celebrate! Now, go crazy this spine-chilling Halloween season and stay safe!

Halle Antoine

UC Berkeley '22

Halle is a Senior at UC Berkeley majoring in Media Studies with a minor in Creative Writing. She is passionate about racial justice issues in which she hopes to help the community as a tennis coach and in her articles. When not on the tennis courts, you can find her listening to K Pop or watching Disney movies!