Space Open Exhibit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Space Open is an exhibit that opened on January 11th and is closing this week, February 12th. The group “Space Open” began to meet in June of 2011, building their creativity skills daily through outdoor excursions and viewing landscapes. Their art has expanded to much more, not only featuring drawing nights, but also “impromptu haiku recitals, art shows, pin-up critiques and most essentially the convening of people in real space and in real time.” The main question the artists pose is: “Outside the office, just what is landscape architecture?”

Check it out their work before it’s too late! The exhibit is located in 121 Wurster Hall.

The gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Photo taken from spaceopen.org

Aurora

UC Berkeley

Student | Feminist | Idealist "To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated, or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." -Arundhati Roy
Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.