Sliver Pizzeria takes West side of campus by storm!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Are cheap eats your thing? Do you appreciate fresh ingredients? Have a taste for pizza? Well, Sliver is just the place for you!

Sliver opened in January of 2013 at 2132 Center St. They feature one flavor that changes daily as well as one unique salad combo daily. They focus on fresh ingredients and unique combinations! Have you ever had pear on a pizza? How about corn? Forget the regular red sauce with pepperoni- Sliver has something different to offer. They sell pizza by the slice or half or whole pizzas. For a little more than 20 bucks, you can get a whole pizza aka dinner for the rest of the weekend (and believe me, you will crave it all weekend). Sliver’s business model also incorporates philanthropy into your meal. The three owners, former Cheeseboard Collective alums, work with local farmers and vendors as well as anti-slavery organizations to create some of the most delicious food Berkeley has seen in quite a while.

Unlike many of the casual eateries in Berkeley, Sliver offers a bar! They have beer on tap and if you make it in time for Happy Hour, every drink purchase gets you two “slivers” (or rather, small slices of pizza)! What more could someone ask for on a Friday night?

As of late, Sliver is also featuring a small selection of cookies and brownies to satisfy your sweet tooth after some savory pizza.

Don’t be turned away if the line is out the door(if you go on the weekend, it probably will be), the line moves quickly and the food is well worth the wait!

Sliver is open Monday through Saturday, 11:30-9:00 PM.

Image source: http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos…