Podcasts Every College Girl Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

One of my favorite pastimes is listening to podcasts. In particular, I enjoy those hosted by girls who understand the struggles of being college students or recent college grads. Many of the podcasts that I listen to are hosted by influencers who share stories from their personal, professional, and academic lives to provide insightful advice. Many also interview inspirational girl bosses who talk about their careers, their lives, and how they got to where they are. Whether you are looking to find some helpful productivity tips, to learn about different career paths, or to listen to some awesome girl bosses chat, these podcasts are for you!

Gals on the Go

The podcast that got me into podcasts is Gals On the Go, hosted by Danielle Carolan, a senior at UGA, and her best friend Brooke Miccio, a UGA alum living in New York City. I love the positivity that Danielle and Brooke both radiate through their conversations and how naturally their conversations flow. Listening to this dynamic duo feels a lot like chatting with best friends. On this podcast, you’ll find funny stories from their personal lives, advice on issues that a lot of women can relate to, and so much more!

Girls lying on a car
Photo by Free-Photos from Pixabay

What Fulfills You

Hosted by Emily Elizabeth Duong, a recent college graduate with so much wisdom to share, this podcast has quickly become one of my favorites. Not only is she a podcast host, but she also has a full-time job and has owned a business since she was 16. On this podcast, Emily shares advice on how to live your best life, with spot-on career and dating tips. Emily isn’t afraid to dive into her personal life and career to provide helpful advice. She also features amazing women from a diverse range of career fields.

B*tch Work

This podcast is a great resource for those seeking advice on how to land an internship or a job after graduating from college. On this podcast, Jordyn Rebecca talks to various guests about their career journeys. Although most of the guests work in the media or entertainment industry, regardless of what industry you are interested in, this podcast is worth the listen! Not only is Jordyn super fun to listen to, but it is also interesting to hear various women talk about how they got to where they are.

woman in black blazer on the phone taking notes
Photo by Anna Shvets from Pexels

Honey Soleil

Last, but certainly not least, is Honey Soleil, hosted by Siena Mirabella, a college student and Youtuber. This is the perfect podcast to listen to if you are looking for advice on adulting, wellness, and how to better manage your time. I love Siena’s fun yet down to earth personality, which makes her relatable to listen to. Not only does Siena encourage you to be productive and accomplish your daily tasks, but she also promotes healthy ways to do so.

Whether you’re taking a walk or reorganizing your room, be sure to give these podcasts a listen!

Brianna Astorga

UC Berkeley '21

Brianna is a senior at UC Berkeley studying Media Studies and Sociology. She loves binge watching shows on Netflix, reading fantasy novels, and is obsessed with Taylor Swift's latest album.
Samhita Sen

UC Berkeley '21

Samhita (she/her pronouns) graduated in December 2021 from UC Berkeley with a double major in Communication/Media Studies and Sociology. At any given moment, she may be frantically writing an essay, carelessly procrastinating by watching Claire Saffitz on YouTube or spending time with people she loves.