Monk Fruit in the Raw

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

October means a few things: colder weather, Halloween, and of course, ongoing exams. So often, caffeine consumption grows exponentially during exam periods, and if you’re not a fan of the taste of coffee, so does sugar consumption.  But as health conscious twenty-somethings, we know that adding tons of sugar to our diet probably isn’t the best thing to do. Luckily, In the Raw has a great alternative to sugar or other unhealthy additives: meet Monk Fruit In The Raw.

Monk Fruit in the Raw is an all-natural, zero-calorie sweetener that tastes just like sugar. From the brand that brought you Sugar In The Raw, the ever-popular alternative to white processed sugar, Monk Fruit In The Raw is from a trusted source that has ample experience in providing healthy alternatives for your sugar craving.

Confused about what Monk Fruit In The Raw actually is? That’s okay, so were we – so we asked! Monk Fruit In The Raw is made from monk fruit, which is a vine-ripened fruit from Southeast Asia. Unlike other sugar substitutes, it doesn’t contain added table sugar, sugar alcohols (erthritol), or molasses. So what’s the main sweetening ingredient? Monk fruit!

We’ll be handing out samples of Monk Fruit In The Raw on campus the week before Halloween, so make sure to come find us and try it out! It works great in coffee, tea, and baked goods – just in time for exams and all of our favorite holidays. If you’re interested in learning more, check out In The Raw on Facebook!

Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.
Brittany is passionate about the development of communities, both online and offline. As the Director of Community Development & Strategic Programming for Her Campus Media, Brittany oversees the development and growth of the Her Campus Chapter and Alumni Networks. She also oversees internal professional development and mentorship programming for current students and postgrads, including the first annual 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women list. Currently, Brittany spearheads programming and production of Her Campus's tentpole conference series - Her Conference and Her Conference: High School - and the production of College Fashion Week 2015.Brittany's pastimes include listening to live music, reading books in their physical form, being outdoors, and consuming way too much coffee. She is an alumna of Boston College and currently lives in Austin, TX. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram.