Football at penn state- kannapell
Football at penn state- kannapell
Original photo by Caroline Kannapell
Style > Fashion

GO-TO GAMEDAY FASHION

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

It’s that time of year: Cal football season! That means it’s time to bust out your game day gear and pom-poms. I’m talking glitter, tube tops, and the whole nine yards. Here are five fun game day pieces that are must-haves in your closet:

1. Cal Bandana Top

On weekends where the sun is blazing and the crowd is sweating, this super cute bandana top from Hype and Vice is a must-have for your game day look. Pair this top with jeans, a mini skirt, or anything navy and yellow! 

1. Funky Yellow Pants

If you’re looking to swap your go-to jeans with some fun bottoms, look no further! These flared yellow pants from IAMGIA were practically made for Cal game days. Pair them with a bandana top, tube top, or long sleeve as the weather cools down!

1. Matching Set

For days when you’re running late to the game, this matching set from Amazon is a staple. It’s cute, affordable, and easy to throw on at the last minute! Pair this set with some navy sneakers and you’re good to go.

1. Customizable Clear Bag

While you’re cheering on your team, you don’t want to worry about losing your belongings. These bags from Strap Lab are perfect for holding everything and abiding by the rules of bringing clear pouches. Not to mention, the straps are customizable! You’ll not only be cheering, “Go Bears,” but your bag can say it too!

1. Glitter!

Now that you’ve established some fun gameday fits, it’s time to add the finishing touch: body glitter! Add some sparkle to your look with vegan and cruelty-free glitter from BH Cosmetics. Some gold glitter and blue eyeshadow will really take your game day look to the next level!

Happy gameday and go bears!

Katelyn Kolberg

UC Berkeley '25

Hi!! I’m Katelyn and I’m currently a freshman at UC Berkeley. I love writing about the role that fashion plays in our society; I plan to enter the editorial realm of the fashion industry! Besides writing, I love thrifting, grabbing coffee, and conversing with other young writers!