Fresh Start for Spring

It’s the start of a new semester, which means many of us are wondering how we can make this semester even better than the last one. How can we get more involved on campus and make new friends? Well, we at Her Campus Berkeley are here to help!

1) UC Berkeley Career Fair

The first weeks of the semester offer plenty of great opportunities to get ahead on career planning. Even if you’re unsure of what your major will be or what you want to do with your life after graduation, seeing what’s out there and gaining work experience is never a bad thing.

2) Participate in DeCals

If you’re looking to dip your toes into different fields of study, or simply in need of a unit filler, consider taking a decal this semester. The offerings vary from fun, to athletic, to academic courses that are meant to be enjoyable and light on workload.

3) Join More Clubs

Getting involved in clubs is not only a great way to make more friends and meet new people, but it also offers a respite from academia. Clubs offer an outlet through which you can pursue your passions, get leadership experience, and connect to students who love the same things you love. 

Ivana Saric

UC Berkeley

I am currently a freshman at UC Berkeley. When not doing homework and studying french, my time is consumed by books, music, and netflix.