This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

If you’re anything like me, the first thing you do to cheer yourself up on bad days is go on Instagram and get lost in the cute animals on your Explore page. Here is a list of adorable pet Instagram accounts that are sure to make you smile:

@Mayapolarbear

One of the most well-known pets on Instagram is Maya, a Samoyed who is one of the prettiest dogs you’ll ever see. The page features cute challenges with Maya, pet jokes, and a ton of precious content with Maya that will make your heart melt. She also recently got a new dog brother Michi, so there’s even more cute content about her adjusting to life with another animal in the house. 

@tofupupper

This Instagram features one of the cutest little Shibas named Tofu. The page also has a series called “Motivational Time with Tofu,” where Tofu tries to give you a motivational speech, often making you laugh in the process. Their owner also has a website where you can give Tofu pats by sliding your mouse over the screen, which is one of the most precious things I’ve seen in a while. 

@fatfatpankocat

For those of you who are cat lovers, Panko’s Instagram page is one of the funniest pages on this list. The page is full of cute, candid shots of Panko doing random things, like resting her head on her kitchen counter, wearing a little Kirby hat, and even tearing up some of the houseplants her owner has. The page also posts almost every day, so there’s always a ton of cute Panko content! 

@tofu_corgi

This page features a pair of really cute corgis from Southern California named Tofu and Boshi. It has a ton of really adorable content like Tofu and Boshi dressed in anime cosplays, pet trends and jokes, and cute photos of the corgis. The account also posts photos of Tofu and Boshi when they were puppies, which are always really sweet! 

Hopefully, these cute accounts were able to cheer you up and keep you motivated as we finish up the semester!

Samantha Herrera

UC Berkeley '23

Hello! My name is Samantha Herrera and I am currently a Junior English major minoring in Journalism and Creative Writing. In my free time, I love reading, writing, and community service. I love talking about books and reading so if you ever need any book recommendations I'm the person to talk to!