A Foodie’s FESTIVE Guide to Holidays at the Disney Parks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

It’s that time of the year again! The Holiday Season at the Disney Parks is the most magical time to be at the happiest place on earth, and with December quickly approaching, there is no better time to explore everything Disneyland and Disney California Adventure has to offer. Not only is the Haunted Mansion attraction — along with the rest of the park — decked out in holiday-themed lights and decor, but there is a myriad of delectable seasonal food that Disney offers to make your visit even more extraordinary. 

Yup, that’s right. The Disney Parks offer everything from candy cane beignets and gingerbread men to eggnog and holiday cocktails. However, with so many delicious goodies to choose from, the decision of what food to actually purchase becomes increasingly difficult. Here is a quick and simple guide to all the best options that the Disney Parks provide to bring even more holiday cheer to your visit!

• Turkey Pot Pie Soup: Craving something a bit more savory? Keeping in the holiday season festivities, the Pacific Wharf Café takes their beloved Boudin bread bowls and fills them with Turkey Pot Pie Soup this December! With oven roasted turkey breast, rich turkey gravy, peas, and carrots all in a fresh sourdough bread bowl, this dish will take you back to Christmas dinners with your family. 

Mirepoix
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon

• Santa’s Lumps of Coal Beignets: When thinking of holiday-themed beignets, the delicious idea of peppermint beignets immediately comes to mind. Well, Disney is one-step ahead of you, as they do offer candy-cane beignets this season! HOWEVER, they didn’t stop there. Head on over to the French Market at the Disneyland part to try Santa’s Lumps of Coal Beignets, which are chocolate-hazelnut beignets tossed in peppermint mocha sugar and topped with peppermint ice cream! Anything peppermint is a must-try this December, so count me in!
  • Green Alien Holiday Macaron: Take one bite of this delicious (and Instagram-worthy) treat and you will be transported out of this world! The aliens from the Toy Story series are bringing Christmas cheer by wearing their very merry winter hats to make this cookie even cuter. These cookies are sweet, tasty, and full of Holiday spirit.
  • Holiday Strawberry Lizner Cookie: If you’re looking for a small yet satisfying treat to put you i the Christmas spirit, then try the Holiday Strawberry Lizner Cookie at the Market House on Main Street U.S.A. in Disneyland! This sweet little cookie is filled with strawberry jam and topped with green icing and festive star sprinkles. This delicate goodie is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!

Cookies
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

• Holiday Dinner Pizza: Picture this. So, it’s dinnertime at Disney California Adventure, and your friends and family are hungry after a long day of walking and having fun. What’s your next move? I would suggest visiting Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta  and ordering a holiday dinner pizza! Nothing screams the holidays like roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, bacon, vegetables, and cranberry sauce. Now, put all of that on a pizza and you’ve got a Christmas-time winning dinner!
  • Peppermint Churro: How about we end this list with a classic that is sure to please anyone? You probably guessed it, but this list wouldn’t be complete without the Peppermint Churro with crushed candy canes and chocolate and vanilla icing! This seasonal treat is available near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in Disney California Adventure, and you better sink your teeth into its peppermint-y “amazingness” before it’s gone!

All of these treats, along with Holidays at Disneyland, will be leaving the Disney Parks on January 6th! Make sure you try them while you can. Happy holidays, and happy snacking!

After three years at Cal, Brianna Brann graduated UC Berkeley in 2020 with a double major in Economics and Media Studies! She is originally from Santa Clarita in Southern California, but she loves the weather, nature, and people in the Bay Area. In addition to her unmatched passion for film and television, she also enjoys visiting the beach, playing with her dog, and hiking outdoors!