This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Do you ever wake up wanting to experiment with a cute new hairstyle but just don’t have the time?

This is the story of my life.

School, work, groceries, zoom meetings, you name it. My day is so busy that sitting down to comb my hair seems impossible. Usually, I just shower, throw on some mousse and go about my day.  But new year, new me, right?

While doing some intense research (which means I was browsing Instagram), I found these cute, fast, and super easy hairstyles that work perfectly for every occasion.

What I love most about these hairstyles is how multifunctional they are! By adding an accessory, you can turn your casual school hairdo into a cute date hairstyle in no time.

Are you ready to try them?

1. PONYTAIL

Not going to lie, I hated ponytails growing up. I thought they were too formal and boring. How oblivious I was! This hairstyle is so easy and functional.  The best part: they can be styled in so many ways! 

2. UPDO

They are so cute and easy to fit into your day! University, work, a party? You name it. Leaving a few strands of hair down or adding a few accessories can change the whole look.

3. HALF-UP, Half-Down

I’m in love with this hairstyle! I love wearing my hair down, but it can get hot or tangled up with my bag or clothes. The best solution? Half up! It’s the best of both worlds.

4. HAIR STICKS 

If you, like me, lose your hair ties 24/7, hair sticks are a great solution. They’re very stylish and easy to use. A few moves and you are ready to go. The best part? They won’t break and you’ll know if they fall out.

ULTIMATE HAIR ACCESSORY: LACE HAIR TIES

If you can’t wait to try these hairstyles, but are still looking for something to spice up your hair, this accessory understands the assignment! Even in a messy updo, the spunky hair tie will take your hairstyle to the next level.

Alondra is a Peruvian Senior transfer at UC Berkeley, majoring in Film and Media Studies. Passionate about the arts, traveling, and women empowerment; you can find her either enjoying hot chocolate while drawing, or out for an adventure to write about.