CONSPIRACY THEORY: IKEA BEAR DJUNGELSKOG

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Welcome to the USA Djungelskog.

If you haven’t heard of a Djungelskog what are you doing and Google it. You won’t regret it. Anyways, the Djungelskog is a giant fluffy brown bear sold by IKEA, that’s recently become available in IKEA stores in the United States.

However, I’m saddened to say that they’re currently sold out on the IKEA website, so you might have to wait a bit longer until they’re available again. But this isn’t the reason I’m talking about Djungelskog; there’s a theory floating around the internet, specifically on TikTok, having to do with cake and the brown fluffy bear.

The user Jacob Lee and his friend Gloria have voiced their friends’ opinions on the Djungelskog, which has recently been released in the United States. Lee states, “My friend has this ridiculous IKEA conspiracy theory,” and Gloria then goes on to state her theory. She believes that there are these Djungelskog bears that are soft and big, and she’s noticed that “whenever the bears are in stock there is never chocolate cake, and when there’s cake, the Djungelskog is never in stock.” She’s very much insinuating that “they are making these chocolate cakes out of the Djungelskog bears.” Yes, you heard that, very sad and shocking. 

She argues this since IKEA’s chocolate cake is called chocolate conspiracy cake. She’s connected the dots. Lee goes on to “test out the theory” by seeing if the chocolate conspiracy cake was in stock and it wasn’t, meaning that the bears should be in stock. After looking all over IKEA and running into picture frames, and hamster cages without any hamsters…the bears were also out of stock. I’m sad to say that in this video Lee and his friend were unaware that the Djungelskog weren’t sold in the United States, so maybe there is no substance to their theory.

However, months after that post, the Djungelskog was available in the U.S. for the first time. Yes, Lee did make a new post where he went to IKEA to get the Djungelskog. In the recent post, he goes back with a sole mission; he once again rummages through multiple crates of stuffed animals until he finds the Djungelskog. He didn’t check if the chocolate conspiracy cake was out of stock, leaving us in suspense.

We may never know if the theory is correct but, now with them being available in the U.S. market, we can test this theory ourselves and see if the theory could be a possibility. You never know. Next time you go to IKEA make sure to have a look out for the chocolate conspiracy cake and the Djungelskog. Beware.

Ahtziri Junes

UC Berkeley '25

:) I'm here to have fun, meet new people, make friends and to live life