Campus Cutie: Preston Krzyzanowski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Name: Preston Krzyzanowski

Hometown: San Antonio, Tx

Major: English

Year: Junior-Transfer

Relationship Status: Single

Gabriella: Quick! What are the first three words you think of when I ask you to describe yourself?

Preston: Southern, Honest, Hungry

What’s your favorite thing to do in Berkeley?

I have to cheat a little here because it is a tossup between nerding out at Games of Berkeley, and going out for drinks with friends at Jupiter.

What’s something not many people know about you?

I was in the military for about ten years.

If you could choose a place to teleport to right now, where would it be?

This Chinese food restaurant on the east side of San Antonio that they opened up in a closed Long John Silvers. Best pork fried rice on earth.

Who’s your celebrity crush?

I have had a crush on Michelle Pfeiffer since I was 5 years old…I should probably answer something like Rhianna, but I’m a one crush kind of guy.

Name something you can’t live without.

Kidneys. Also, whenever my cell phone dies, I still find myself reaching for it, even after I just watched it die.  Pretty sure I have a problem.  And it’s stupid because I don’t really use it that much.  So yeah, kidneys.

What’s your biggest pet-peeve?

Okay, so I hate when someone offers to do a favor for someone else, and then does a shit job so that the original guy not only has to take care of it themselves, they have to fix what the guy doing the ‘favor’ messed up.  Then, when you call them out on it, “Dude, come on!  You told me you had it,” they respond with “Dude, I was doing you a favor!”  Like the fact that you offered to wash my car makes it okay that it’s wrapped around the neighbor’s tree somehow. So yeah, kidneys.

When was your proudest moment?

With everything that I did in the military, all of which I am very proud of, the thing that stands out the most to me was getting in to Berkeley. I grew up in a trailer in central Texas, and none of my family ever went to college.  It felt great to realize that I could define myself, that I was not a product of anything but my own passions and dedication.

What’s something you’d like to accomplish?

My goal is to get accepted into Oxford’s Creative Writing MFA program, and eventually release my first novel.

Describe your perfect match. 

Okay so this is such an awkward question. I always feel like I am ordering from Subway, “I’ll take the legs and a sense of humor.”  I suppose it isn’t so much what I want, rather whose eccentricities compliment my own.  I mean I am sort of a closet nerd, so my perfect match would either have to be okay with that, or be a little nerdy herself.  I suppose the only thing that really matters is she likes to talk and listen in equal parts.  There is nothing better in life than someone you can have a good conversation with.  Conversation is just storytelling, and I love telling stories.

Gabriella Cohen-Herrera is an undergraduate Junior at UC Berkeley majoring in Sociology and minoring in English and Disability Studies. She is passionate about being an advocate for marginalized groups through her writings and by ultimately becoming a Disability Rights and Medical Malpractice attorney. In her spare time, she enjoys singing, playing soccer, trying new foods, and learning about various cultures. 
Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.