Campus Celeb: Kevin Shen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity goes to Jeopardy finalist: Kevin Shen.

What a world wind week it has been for junior Kevin Shen, from sitting in a classroom to competing on national television. Shen won a coveted spot on the Jeopardy! College Championship tournament which took him all the way to the semi-finals. 

In March of 2013, Shen like many other students took the Jeopardy! online test to qualify for a spot on the national TV show. In June, he was notified that he had made it through he preliminary round and was actually being considered for a place on the live show. After many other steps, Shen finally received the amazing news that he would indeed be representing UC Berkeley in the college tournament. 

Fact: Shen is a current mathematics and computer science major. 

Even though Shen did not win the tournament, we are extremely proud that he was able to put the name of UC Berkeley high into the air and we wish him the best on his continuation of his undergrad career. 

Sourcehttp://i1.wp.com/www.dailycal.org/assets/uploads/2014/02/toppick-1-e1392…

Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.