Affordable Products for Lazy Beach Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

There’s no question about it. It is officially summer and whether you’re from the Bay or LA or San Diego, one thing’s for sure. Beach days have finally arrived and are here to stay for the next three months, unless you’re staying at Berkeley for summer school, to which  I give my heaviest condolence. Side note, for those of you that are heading up to Berkeley in the fall of 2017, be wary! There are no nice beaches around. 

For the time being, however, whether you’re kicking it down south in Venice Beach or up north at Santa Cruz, here are my current go-to’s.

1. Summer’s Eve Foaming Wash

Though foaming wash is nothing special on its own, this is Khloe Kardashian’s favorite brand. And not only that, I have been obsessed with these two scents that are the absolute perfect epitome of days of summer: Coconut Water and Mandarin Blossom. It’s a very gentle product that maintain the skin’s natural pH and is entirely free from any harsh chemicals. 

Not only that, this brand has come out with amazing small packaged cleansing cloths that are a must-have for any on-the-go beach trip. It’s great for wiping up any sweat or any amount of bacteria, anywhere on your body so look into it if you’re planning any beach trips!

2. Steripod’s Toothbrush Protector

We all know that person who loves brushing her teeth after every ounce of food she consumes. Needless to say, that is me. While I’m at the beach, the most bothersome occurrence is when sand flies not only in the delicious sandwich I’m having but also all over my bag, contaminating toothbrush. To keep my toothbrush clean in every occasion, whether it be at home, in the dorms, at the gym, and especially at the beach, I’ve recently invested in a toothbrush protector. 

Steripod protectors not only give your toothbrush a stylish cover-up (as cute as the crotchet lacy ones I’ve bought for the beach this year), these toothbrush protectors also release active vapors with thymol, a product used in oral antiseptics. It’s a great product for the price it comes at! 

3. Essence Cosmetics- Eyebrow Designer

As a girl who has always lacked in the eyebrow department, I love this product. Every single time I get remotely wet at the beach, I feel the need to fix up my eyebrows. 

Not only is this product simple to use, it’s found everywhere and is cruelty-free. I’m now beginning to look into cruelty-free makeup and this has been one of the best lines I’ve discovered so far.

Summer lovin’, here we come!

Melody A. Chang

UC Berkeley '19

As a senior undergraduate, I seek out all opportunities that expand my horizons, with the aim of developing professionally and deepening my vision of how I can positively impact the world around me. While most of my career aims revolve around healthcare and medicine, I enjoy producing content that is informative, engaging, and motivating.  In the past few years, I have immersed myself in the health field through working at a private surgical clinic, refining my skills as a research assistant in both wet-lab and clinical settings, shadowing surgeons in a hospital abroad, serving different communities with health-oriented nonprofits, and currently, exploring the pharmaceutical industry through an internship in clinical operations.  Career goals aside, I place my whole mind and soul in everything that I pursue whether that be interacting with patients in hospice, consistently improving in fitness PR’s, tutoring children in piano, or engaging my creativity through the arts. Given all the individuals that I have yet to learn from and all the opportunities that I have yet to encounter in this journey, I recognize that I have much room and capacity for growth. Her Campus is a platform that challenges me to consistently engage with my community and to simultaneously cultivate self-expression.