This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Whenever I find a new song, it honestly feels like winning a lottery ticket. This week I managed to stumble across a few new songs — bless YouTube and Spotify for randomly suggesting them — that I hope you all will give a listen to.

1. “BACK TO YOU” BY ELDON

There’s something about this song that just gives off childhood nostalgia. The beat and lyrics feel like something from the 2010s era, so it’s like a breath of fresh air compared to the songs that have been playing on the radio more recently. I love the happy vibes it gives, and the chorus is so catchy. Make sure to give the YouTube video a good watch!

2. “I ADORE YOU” BY TATIANA MANAOIS

I’ve heard some of Tatiana’s music a couple of years ago, and I always loved them, so I was so happy to come across this new song of hers. It’s a super chill and sweet song that’s also very catchy. She’s actually a small artist from Tracy, CA, who made the big move to NYC a few years back to start her music career, so make sure to support her dream by checking out all of her other music!

3. “REACHING” BY CAUTIOUS CLAY

I didn’t know this at first, but this was actually a song track on HBO’s Insecure. I stumbled onto this on a random YouTube video and fell in love with the chill R&B vibes. 

4. “HOPE FULL” BY MICHAEL J WOODARD

I really love the message of this song as well as the beat. This is the perfect song whenever you’re feeling a bit low and you need a pick-me-up. Super chill and catchy song with a positive message!

5. “MERRY GO ROUND” BY DEPT

I love listening to songs by Dept because they collaborate with so many different artists to create beautiful songs. This is one of their newer songs that I recently came across, and I really like it. I also really love listening to Cherry Blossom, so make sure to check out all of their music on YouTube. Every song truly leaves me in awe. 

Tiffany Huang

UC Berkeley '22

Tiffany is a fourth year undergraduate at UC Berkeley, pursuing a degree in Media Studies. She holds a passion in writing and loves looking into anything relating to beauty, lifestyle, and pop culture. When Tiffany is not preoccupied by any work, you can typically catch her hanging out with her friends and family or discovering new movies, tv shows, and music to binge. Tiffany is eager about sharing her thoughts on relatable topics that you could possibly resonate with or get a good laugh out of it.