Small Pumpkin In Hand
Small Pumpkin In Hand
Anna Thetard / Her Campus

5 Festive Activities to do this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.
  • Go to a Pumpkin Patch: Pumpkin Patches are the perfect seasonal activity. Not only can you bring home cute decorative pumpkins and fall decorations, but you can also find the perfect pumpkins for hosting a carving party with friends! Plus the instagram worthy pictures, festive fall snacks and scenic hayrides will make for the perfect fall outing.

• Visit a Haunted House: While we all love fall for its brisk sweater weather and pumpkin flavored treats, it’s also the season of Halloween, and what better way for college students to celebrate than by visiting a haunted house. There are plenty of haunted house events that both horror lovers and my fellow scaredy-cats will enjoy!
  • Host a Fall Movie Marathon: If Haunted Houses aren’t your thing, try having a cozy night in with your friends to watch throwback Halloween movies. You can never go wrong with classics like Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Halloweentown, to name a few. To make the night even more festive, make some hot cocoa or apple cider and spend time baking your favorite fall treats.

• Attend a College Football Game: Fall is football season! Even if you aren’t a huge sports fanatic, football games only take place in the fall so it’s a great opportunity to get together with friends, get into the school spirit and meet new people.

• Fall Photoshoot with Friends: What better way to capture ~ fall vibes ~ than with an artsy photoshoot on campus? Embrace the “fall” of the leaves, dress up in your favorite fall-tones, and snap some truly breathtaking shots this season.

Alice Curran

UC Berkeley '22

Alice is a second year at UC Berkeley studying Global Studies. In her free time, she loves hiking, reading, drinking way too much coffee, and spending time with her family.
After three years at Cal, Brianna Brann graduated UC Berkeley in 2020 with a double major in Economics and Media Studies! She is originally from Santa Clarita in Southern California, but she loves the weather, nature, and people in the Bay Area. In addition to her unmatched passion for film and television, she also enjoys visiting the beach, playing with her dog, and hiking outdoors!