Makup On Vanity
Makup On Vanity
Anna Thetard / Her Campus
Style > Beauty

4 E.L.F. DUPES THAT ARE SO GOOD YOU WON’T NEED TO GET THE LUXURY VERSIONS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

When it comes to buying makeup, it’s extremely tempting to go for the luxury version — drawn to the promise of high-quality ingredients, elegant packaging, and the attraction of prestigious brand names. Thankfully, the drugstore brand e.l.f. Cosmetics has become popular by creating dupes of trending luxury makeup items. Here are four budget-friendly dupes that users say are just as good, if not better, than their luxury version!

Glow Reviver Lip Oil

Lip oils have gradually become more popular as they are similar to lip gloss, but offer more nourishing benefits; consumers have specifically been drawn to the Dior lip oil, but at its price point of $40, many aren’t willing to break the bank. Comparatively, users on TikTok have been raving about e.l.f.’s lip oil (only $8 compared to Dior’s $40). Some users even say both lip oils have very similar consistencies, scents, and shades, making the e.l.f. dupe an affordable and attractive alternative for those seeking the luxurious feel of a lip oil without the hefty price tag.

Suntouchable! Whoa Glow

Sunscreen has become increasingly more popular as everyone’s looking for the perfect product to not only protect from the sun, but also give the skin a nice glow. Supergoop! Glow Screen has been a popular choice, but its $38 cost seems a bit steep for everyday use. The e.l.f. Suntouchable! Whoa Glow at $14 is a perfect dupe that delivers glowy skin and doubles as a primer with SPF 30 protection! It’s a great budget-friendly alternative for radiant and protected skin.

Power Grip Primer

The Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer has been very popular amongst makeup artists on TikTok, as its tacky finish allows makeup to stick to the skin. Alternatively, the e.l.f. Power Grip Primer offers a practically identical formula at a much lower price point of $10. This product not only gives an amazing base for any makeup look, but is also an amazing low-budget option.

Halo Glow Liquid Filter

The beauty community hasn’t stopped talking about the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter. Users rave about its creamy formula and light dewy base. Unfortunately, it’s priced at $49. Luckily, e.l.f has come to the rescue with the perfect dupe! The e.l.f. Halo Glow Liquid Filter is only $14 and users say the similarity of both products are striking. They each offer a flawless finish that smooths imperfections with a glow.

The collection of makeup dupes e.l.f. has curated not only rival, but surpass their luxury versions. Now, you can enjoy high-quality products without the gouged price tags!

Elnara Pashazadeh

UC Berkeley '27

Elnara is a first year student at the HC Berkeley chapter. She is currently a staff writer and marketing team member. Elnara has experience in social media and writing. She enjoys writing beauty related articles. In her free time she loves to read, bake, listen to music, and go on walks on the beach.