This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

As a college student, beauty on a budget is something that I swear by. Over the past few years of trying makeup from the drugstore aisles of Ulta, I’ve found some hidden gems that I hope you all will love just as much as I do.

CFW
Hannah Griffee

FLOWER Beauty Light Illusion Full Coverage Concealer

You know I really swear by this product if I’ve been using it since my high school years. The great thing about this concealer is that it lives up to its name, at least on my normal to oily skin. I find that it’s very light and hydrating while still covering my dark circles. It also doesn’t crease on my skin, which is another huge plus.

Essence You Better Work! Length Definition Mascara

I never got into mascara until I tried this product from Essence. What I love about this mascara is that it doesn’t clump my lashes together and it feels light on the eyes. I find that a lot of other mascaras feel heavy and irritate my eyes. If you’re looking for a lightweight mascara that accentuates your lashes just a tiny bit, then this is the one for you!

Physicians Formula x Weylie Butter Collection Palette

Weylie Hoang is an Asian beauty and a lifestyle vlogger on Youtube. I’ve been following her since I was in middle school and she partnered with Physicians Formula to create a 3 in 1 product. It includes two blushes, two highlighters, and two bronzers. What I love about this product is how pigmented and long-lasting it is. A hack that I like to do with this product is applying the highlighter shades on my eyelids. None of them are actually meant for the eyes, but makeup has no rules! I find that I look 10x more put together just by quickly swiping it on.

Tiffany Huang

UC Berkeley '22

Tiffany is a fourth year undergraduate at UC Berkeley, pursuing a degree in Media Studies. She holds a passion in writing and loves looking into anything relating to beauty, lifestyle, and pop culture. When Tiffany is not preoccupied by any work, you can typically catch her hanging out with her friends and family or discovering new movies, tv shows, and music to binge. Tiffany is eager about sharing her thoughts on relatable topics that you could possibly resonate with or get a good laugh out of it.