This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Showering is one of the best ways to end a night, particularly after completing one assignment after another. Until recently, I didn’t realize how important it is to take the time to de-stress and practice self-care, even in the shower. I decided it was time to step away from those 2-in-1 products, which I am definitely guilty of using, to these three must-haves that have truly stepped up my shower game!

Verb Ghost Shampoo & Conditioner – $18

As I’ve said before, I’m guilty of buying 2-in-1 hair products, like Head & Shoulders Shampoo + Conditioner. There’s definitely nothing wrong with using them, but they haven’t been helping my hair get any less dry or frizzy. I recently invested in the Verb Ghost Shampoo & Conditioner, since I’ve heard great reviews about it. So far, the reviews have been absolutely right! These products have been amazing for me. I find the shampoo and conditioner very hydrating and lightweight, leaving a clean feeling all around.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner – $6

When it comes to hair products, I don’t exactly know what ingredients are good or what brands to stay away from, but my general rule of thumb is that if it’s showing promising results consistently, then just keep using it until someone tells you otherwise. Just like the Verb Ghost Shampoo & Conditioner, the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner has been amazing. It tames my unruly flyaways with its hydrating effect, taking care of another major hair issue that I have.

Olay Cleansing & Renewing Night Time Body Wash – $10

“Bacne” and “chestne” are no joke! If anyone’s feeling embarrassed about having them, don’t! I promise you nearly everyone has experienced body acne in their lives. The Olay Cleansing & Renewing Night Time Body Wash is infused with retinol, which is a popular ingredient used to clear acne. I can truly attest that this product clears body acne. Both my sister and I love it so much. It also smells so clean and refreshing—perfect for de-stressing.

Tiffany Huang

UC Berkeley '22

Tiffany is a fourth year undergraduate at UC Berkeley, pursuing a degree in Media Studies. She holds a passion in writing and loves looking into anything relating to beauty, lifestyle, and pop culture. When Tiffany is not preoccupied by any work, you can typically catch her hanging out with her friends and family or discovering new movies, tv shows, and music to binge. Tiffany is eager about sharing her thoughts on relatable topics that you could possibly resonate with or get a good laugh out of it.