Style > Beauty

2024’S ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE TOP 5 MUST-TRY CURL CREAMS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

With so many different choices, finding the right curl cream can be frustrating sometimes; discovering the right product makes all the difference! For those in search of new textured hair products, here are five of the most popular curl creams in 2024 that won’t disappoint!

Best For All Curl Types – Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream ($36)

Moroccanoil’s Hydrating Styling Cream is the best overall curl cream since it leaves many different hair textures soft and moisturized. It’s infused with argan oil which helps combat frizz and reduce breakage, offering benefits to all curly hair types!

Best For Coily Hair – Briogeo Curl Charisma Chia + Flax Seed Coil Custard ($26)

The best curl cream for coily hair is the Briogeo Curl Charisma Chia + Flax Seed Coil Custard, as it defines and enhances coily hair with moldable control. Users on TikTok say it leaves their hair nourished and moisturized.

Bonus: It’s also advertised as clean and naturally derived!

Best For Soft Curls – OUAI Curl Cream with North Bondi Fragrance ($32)

For soft curls that need a gentle hold, the OUAI Curl Cream is the best choice! Not only does this product hydrate and soften, but also enhance the shape of your curls. With a variety of oils – chia, linseed, coconut, and babassu, this cream protects your hair from humidity and conditions it.

Best For Dry Hair – tgin Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer For Natural Hair ($15)

Tgin’s Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer is the perfect fix of hydration for dry curls! It promises maximum hydration for your hair, promotes hair growth, and reduces frizz – the ultimate combination for dry curly hair.

Best For the Budget – Not Your Mothers Curl Talk Defining Cream ($9)

Not Your Mothers’ Curl Talk Defining Cream is the best budget-friendly curl cream, leaving your hair soft and defined with its lightweight formula. At only $8.99 it’s excellent at minimizing frizz for an affordable price. 

This collection of curly hair products provides various benefits to cater to your needs. Hopefully this list gives you some ideas of what products you want to try next!

Elnara Pashazadeh

UC Berkeley '27

Elnara is a first year student at the HC Berkeley chapter. She is currently a staff writer and marketing team member. Elnara has experience in social media and writing. She enjoys writing beauty related articles. In her free time she loves to read, bake, listen to music, and go on walks on the beach.