This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

10.01.2017

Bang bang.

Lives die

In a blink of an eye

Because someone played God

With a toy he should never have.

Phones rang.

Weeps and wails

Harmonized in the heart of Paradise

While tweets and disputes

Plagued our every breathing sigh.

A pang

Right through my heart

Because I know

The hateful souls forever sang

And tomorrow will just be another old day.

I will forever let my head hang

Low

Because we deserve so much more.From Instagram

Rosalyn Wang

UC Berkeley

Melody A. Chang

UC Berkeley '19

As a senior undergraduate, I seek out all opportunities that expand my horizons, with the aim of developing professionally and deepening my vision of how I can positively impact the world around me. While most of my career aims revolve around healthcare and medicine, I enjoy producing content that is informative, engaging, and motivating.  In the past few years, I have immersed myself in the health field through working at a private surgical clinic, refining my skills as a research assistant in both wet-lab and clinical settings, shadowing surgeons in a hospital abroad, serving different communities with health-oriented nonprofits, and currently, exploring the pharmaceutical industry through an internship in clinical operations.  Career goals aside, I place my whole mind and soul in everything that I pursue whether that be interacting with patients in hospice, consistently improving in fitness PR’s, tutoring children in piano, or engaging my creativity through the arts. Given all the individuals that I have yet to learn from and all the opportunities that I have yet to encounter in this journey, I recognize that I have much room and capacity for growth. Her Campus is a platform that challenges me to consistently engage with my community and to simultaneously cultivate self-expression.