Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Wellness

10 MUST-BUY ITEMS AT TRADER JOE’S THIS FALL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, and no one does fall foods like Trader Joe’s. This year, I made it my mission to try at least one new item each week, and I have not been disappointed.

These are my top 10 fall favorites from Trader Joe’s this year:

1. Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix

One of the best purchases I’ve made in the last month is, without a doubt, Trader Joe’s pumpkin pancake and waffle mix. What better way to start off your morning than with a batch of tasty pumpkin pancakes! I’ve tried these pancakes with a variety of toppings, but my personal favorite combo is sweet rose coconut whipped topping, maple syrup, and fruit.

2. Non-Dairy Pumpkin Oat Beverage

If you’re a fan of oat milk, try out Trader Joe’s new pumpkin variety. While I was skeptical about this one at first, it turned out to be a delicious fall twist on my favorite milk substitute!

3. Spiced Cider

This one isn’t exactly a new find since warm apple cider has always been an essential part of fall for me, but I couldn’t resist throwing in this classic beverage. The start of the season for me always means trading in my nightly cup of tea for a mug of warm apple cider.

4. Pumpkin Bisque

If you’re looking for something to warm you up as the nights get colder, try out Trader Joe’s pumpkin bisque! It’s a creamy soup that combines pumpkin with a blend of autumn spices and is perfect for a quick and easy dinner.

5. Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese

If you need a little break from pumpkin-flavored everything, try out the butternut squash mac & cheese. Part of Trader Joe’s extensive selection of frozen foods, this is another easy dish to add some variety to your fall meal plan without taking too much time to prepare.

6. Pumpkin Ice Cream

On to dessert! This may be my new favorite ice cream flavor. Try it out with a slice of warm pie if you feel like treating yourself to a full plate of fall dessert!

7. Pumpkin-Flavored Joe-Joe’s

If you haven’t heard of them, get ready for your life to change because Joe-Joe’s is Trader Joe’s variety of Oreos, and the pumpkin flavor does not disappoint. Pick up a box (or two) on your next grocery run.

8. Pumpkin-Flavored Dog Treats

Why shouldn’t our furry friends get to partake in the fall festivities as well? This is one of my dog’s personal favorites. 

9. Haunted House Chocolate Cookie Kit

While it’s not quite time for Christmas gingerbread houses, haunted houses are definitely in season. Grab a couple of these kits for a fun weekend activity with your friends!

10. Tiny Pumpkins!

And finally, the best for last! No home is truly ready for fall without a tiny pumpkin. Enough said. 

On your next shopping trip, head to Trader Joe’s and try out a couple of these fall-themed items! If you take anything else away from reading this, it should be that, yes, you really can add pumpkin to anything!

Sophia Stockton

UC Berkeley '24

Sophia is a junior at UC Berkeley, where she is currently studying sociology and psychology. Originally from San Diego, Sophia spends most of her free time at the beach, listening to music, cooking, or taking photos.