Style

Why Blundstones Are The Perfect Fall Shoe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

As the fall season approaches rapidly, I’m sure we’re all looking for the perfect shoe that will help us through those cold, rainy days. These are some reasons why Blundstones are THE shoes you are looking for this fall!

1. They’re waterproof. We all know how nasty it feels to have soggy socks. With these boots, you almost want a surprise rainstorm!

2. They look good with any socks: striped, polka-dotted, long, short, mismatched, or none… And they make the socks look good as well!

3. They are SO lightweight. A lot of fall boots tend to feel pretty heavy, especially if you need to walk from Swing to Buchanan in 10 minutes. You can run in these boots and not feel a thing!

4. They’re super sturdy. Fun fact: Blundstones were originally made for farmers and factory workers!

5. They come in many different colors, patterns, and styles. There’s a pair for everyone!

6. They practically last forever. They’re technically supposed to last 2-5 years, but some report that theirs lasted up to 10. 

The one and only downside to these boots are that they’re quite pricey, especially for a university student. However, considering all of the factors above, plus its overall practicality and functionality, I’d say that they’re definitely worth the hefty price tag.

Treat your feet, you deserve it!

Image/GIF sources (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Jessica is a 4th year psychology student.