What HC UBC Is Thankful For This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There are a lot of different things to be thankful for, and I hope you’ve all had some time to reflect on those things this weekend. These are just some of things HC UBC is thankful for:

1. “I’m thankful for having friends and family that always support me!”

2. “I am thankful for my family, living in Canada with endless opportunities and black squirrels on campus”

3. “Thankful for friends who are always there for me even with our busy schedules and we haven’t had time to catch up in forever!”

4. “I am thankful for my best friends who look out for me, support me, and love me”

5. “Thankful for my cozy house, parents who support my education and career, and friends who inspire me to improve”

6. “I’m thankful to be able to go to school in such a beautiful place!”

7. “I’m thankful for all the good music that exists in this world”

8. “I’m thankful to have a loving family who supports me in my dreams, friends who are always there for me. I’m thankful to live in such a beautiful country, where I have so many freedoms and opportunities, where I have access to healthcare and where my rights are respected. It’s not a perfect country by any means, but there are so many things to love and be thankful for here: and I have nothing but hope that it will continue to become a better and better place to live for everyone.”

9. “Here’s what I’m thankful for: I made it to my fourth year even though its a wonder I made it through my first. I got to go to Japan this summer to teach, FOR FREE, after years of waiting for an opportunity to do that. I managed to maintain a close friendship cultivated in my first year, with one of the most beautiful human beings ever. And I managed to find a lifestyle that’s healthy and full of excitement. Meaning I lost weight and I’m super excited about that.”

I hope this list of what we were thankful for inspires you to reflect and be thankful for all the things we often take for granted!

GIF Source (1)

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.