This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Black Friday has just passed, but the malls are still incredibly full. Black Friday in Canada has grown into a weekend of mass consumption, overfilled malls, and crowded parking lots. I love shopping, but Black Friday is still overwhelming and absolutely exhausting. I’ve come up with the stages of Black Friday shopping below!

1. Excitement

You had your eyes on a cute pair of sneakers and they’re finally going on sale!

2. Overwhelmed

You finally get inside the mall after taking an hour to find parking. There are people lined up in front of stores and bumping into you with multiple shopping bags in both hands. 

3. Success and failure

The store sold out of the sneakers you wanted, but you found a great deal on another pair of shoes! 

4. Determination

Before leaving your home, you made a list of everything you wanted to buy. You’re going to buy it all and won’t leave till you do.

5. Tired and in pain

It’s as if your soul has been drained out of you. Your feet hurt and you just want to go home. 

Hope you had a fun and safe Black Friday HC UBC!

GIF Source: GIPHY 

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.