This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Fall is definitely my favourite season: the fashion, the cozy sweaters and blankets, beautiful colours, bonfires, warm drinks, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. As October begins, we-as Canadians-really only have one month left of Fall, so we had better make the most of it. Like with anything, the key to reaching your #OctoberGoals is having a guide to all things Fall… 

Here is Her Campus UBC’s Guide to the perfect October: 

1. Get a cozy throw blanket and pillows 

Shop around for fluffy blankets and pillows to make your couch a TV binging haven. Some of my favourites include this fleece throw blanket from Urban Outfitters and this faux fur throw pillow from JYSK. 

2. Find the perfect candle 

The glow and scent of a lit candle instantly makes your house feel like a home. I love dimming the lights in my apartment during the evening while burning my favourite candles. Scents will vary based on your preference, but a classic for colder nights is Sweater Weather by Bath & Body Works. 

3. Stock up on tea

October and warm teas are a match made in Heaven. To ensure you don’t spend all of your money at Starbucks, try stocking up on some of your favourite teas. Chains like David’s Tea will have blends specifically made for Fall, but you can also never go wrong with a traditional chai tea latte

4. Binge your favourite spooky movies 

October = Halloween = ALL THE SCARY MOVIES! I am obsessed with all things spooky and October gives me an excuse to embrace this side. Watching horror movies while cuddling inside a blanket cocoon sounds like the perfect way to spend a Friday night. If scary movies aren’t your thing, October is also perfect for binging your favourite childhood Halloween movies (Hocus Pocus anyone?). Click here for Her Campus’ October movie guide! 

5. Bring out the flannel 

Is there anything more Fall than a flannel shirt? If you don’t already have one (first, how???), you can find a great selection at Forever 21; pro tip: shop the Men’s Section for a super comfy, baggy fit.  

6. Visit a pumpkin patch 

Did you really think we’d forget pumpkin patches? Yes, they may be cheesy, but that’s what makes them so awesome. Dress in your coziest attire and grab your friends for a much needed study break. Not only will it make you feel like kids again, but you’ll also get super cute Insta pics. Check this list to find the closest pumpkin patch near you! 

7. Attend Fright Nights 

From October 5th to 31st, bring your bravest friends and check out the eight haunted houses at Playland. There will also be various rides and shows to add to the spooky fun. Purchase your tickets here if you dare! 

8. Create a Fall playlist 

Having a go-to playlist to blast while baking Fall treats, carving pumpkins, or simply lounging around the house is a must-have for achieving peak Fall vibes. Spotify already has some great playlists like this one by Lucy Geraghty, but I suggest creating your own with your favourite blend of chill music and new releases.  

I hope that this list has reminded you that although Summer is long gone with September, October is something to be excited for. Now, go light some candles, put on your new Fall playlist, and snuggle under a blanket fort. 

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.