An Open Letter to the Vancouver Snow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Dear Vancouver snow,

It seems like your time is coming to an end…but I can’t say that I’ll miss you when you are gone. When you first came into my life, it was so different. You won me over with your beauty, playful nature, and crystals. You were my reason for wanting to go outside. We were so happy. 

But then, everything changed. You started growing cold. I thought for an instant that I was falling in love, but really I was falling on my face and cutting my hand. Thanks. 

I can never forgive what you did to me. I was late to so many classes because of you. Even when I thought it was over, and I could return to my normal life, you came back once again with even greater force than before. Why? Why did you have to come back?

Now that there are only traces of you, please take your icy, slushy, behind out of here. If you must return, please do so in a better fashion next winter. 

Sincerely,

An HCUBC collegiette who is tired of jumping around puddles and ice. 

Emily Morehead is a fourth-year Honours Political Science major and a Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice minor - and the current co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UBC! :) She hopes to pursue law in the future and run for office someday. Emily loves taking long hikes up mountains, traveling to new places, and obsessing over cute corgis.