Meet Charlotte Alden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Meet our newest member of the UBC Her Campus team.

Hometown: Born in Toronto, but raised in Washington, DC

Year: First

Major: Media studies

Favorite place on campus: I love studying in the Earth Sciences building, but I think the Student Life building is so cool.

How you chose your major: I’ve always wanted to be a journalist, and Media Studies seemed like a good way to get into that field.

How you chose UBC: My family is all from Vancouver, so I’ve spent part of most of my summers in Vancouver. I love the area in general, but the access to hiking in the area definitely drew me in the most.

Why you decided to join Her Campus: I used to read articles on Her Campus all the time in high school, so I really wanted to be on the other side of it!

Current song you can’t stop listening to: “Dying Star” by Ruston Kelly

Next place you want to travel to: One of my favorite places in Canada is Montreal, so I’m really hoping I have the chance to travel back there soon.

What you’re most looking forward to this Summer: Hopefully working in Vancouver!

First word that comes to mind when you hear “Vancouver”: Rain!

Go-to outfit for class: I’m a skirt person, so I love wearing skirts and tights. I’m also always cold so sweaters are a go-to for me.

Quote you guide your life by: “If you can be anything in life, be kind to people. Being kind is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”

TV/literary character you most identify with: Pam Beesly

Favorite memory at UBC: Swimming at Wreck Beach! 

Andrea is a third-year student at UBC majoring in Human Resources and Business Technology Management. Andrea loves running, hikes, romantic comedies and exploring new places. She is looking forward to sharing so many ideas, thoughts, and opinions on the Her Campus platform.