The LFS|US Presents: “Muggle Munchies”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

Getting that acceptance letter from UBC was great, but for Harry Potter fans, nothing was more disappointing than never receiving a letter from Hogwarts. Life without spells and potions isn’t so bad, but now all witches and wizards at heart have a chance to take a break from studying those muggle subjects and experience a night full of magic! The Land and Food Systems Undergraduate Society is welcoming first-year students from all faculties (and Hogwarts house alignment) at UBC to this Harry Potter themed, social event: Muggle Munchies.

The magical festivities will take place on Tuesday, March 28th, from 4:30-7:00pm at the Abdul Ladha Science Student Centre located on East Mall across from the Student Nest.

The event promises to be a spell-tacular night, with themed games, entertainment, food, and even prizes! Flip through your copies of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Hogwarts: A History to prepare for Harry Potter trivia, dust off your broom for the quidditch pong tournament, and put on your best dress robes for the Harry Potter themed photo booth! Along with those activities, performances throughout the night may include UBC A Capella, UBC Dance Horizons, and of course, UBC Magicians and Illusionists Association.

Naturally, no LFS|US event would be complete without food, and they’ve gone all out to provide Harry Potter themed desserts (vegan) from Vogue Cakes as well as cookies and cakes from Chocolate and Connie. There is also the opportunity to get gift cards for Whole Foods and coupons for Popbar.

Tickets for the event will be $7-$10 and are on a tier pricing, which is based on how soon you purchase them. So be sure to grab your tickets as soon as possible! For more information about tickets and the event in general, you can go to the LFS|US event Facebook page.

Make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity to socialize with fellow first years who share a love for the Harry Potter Universe as well as good food.

Mischief managed!

Kailynn studies English Literature and Film Studies at UBC. Her studies are also her passions and she can never finish a novel or televison series before starting a new one. She's currently working on her own writing projects and hopes to publish a novel and develop a feature film screen play in the future! Aside from her love of writing, she also loves to travel - even if it's just a weekend at the lake. You'll most likely find her in one of the library basement's or in line for coffee on campus, but you can always find her on twitter!