Five Caffeinated Drinks To Have Instead Of Your Usual Cup Of Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Are you tired of drinking the same cup of coffee every day? I’ve created a short list of the perfect drinks to have when you still want that caffeine kick, but don’t want plain coffee. Here are my top 5 non-coffee caffeinated drinks:

1. Strawberry acai refresher

This fruity Starbucks drink is caffeinated by green coffee extract and is absolutely delicious! 

2. Matcha latte

Matcha has a higher level of caffeine than bagged tea. A matcha latte is the perfect pick-me-up drink that tastes good and has a beautiful shade of green!​ You can have it warm or iced.

3. Java chip frappuccino

Okay, this one tastes like coffee, but it’s also chocolatey, sweet, and has a lovely texture with the chocolate chips blended in. 

4. Peppermint Mocha

Peppermint mocha is probably my favourite holiday drink. Not only will it keep you energized and awake with all the caffeine, it’s rich with chocolate and kicks you with that refreshing peppermint flavour. 

5. Mango dragonfruit refresher

This Starbucks drink has a beautiful fuchsia colour to it and little bits of dragonfruit mixed inside. The refresher is caffeinated with green coffee extract and is sweet and fruity!

Go fuel yourself with one of these delicious caffeinated drinks!

Image sources (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.